Leaders Chishill made to battle for a point
Great Chishill 1 Whittlesford Reserves 1 CHISHILL dropped their first points of the season against a battling Whittlesford side – but they still remain unbeaten. The visitors looked the better of the two sides, as Chishill struggled to get going in the
Great Chishill 1
Whittlesford Reserves 1
CHISHILL dropped their first points of the season against a battling Whittlesford side - but they still remain unbeaten.
The visitors looked the better of the two sides, as Chishill struggled to get going in the opening 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Ian Gallagher was called upon several times, and made an incredible double save from a visiting striker to keep the scores level at half-time.
Chishill's football started to improve after the break, and they soon began to open up their opponents' defence with some intelligent passing.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
As the game went on, it was clear Whittlesford would be Chishill's toughest test to date, and despite creating the better chances, Chishill were pushed back.
The game looked to be heading for a goalless draw, before a great Whittlesford free-kick found the top corner of the Chishill net.
But Chishill rallied and found the strength that has made them this season's team to beat, and they bounced straight back.
Steve McGee broke free down the left, and when his shot was parried into the path of Jonathan Drury, his strike partner made no mistake.
Chishill pushed for a late winner, with McGee and Dan Manning going close.
The draw seemed to be the fairest result and the point keeps Chishill ahead of Elsworth at the top of the table.