Lawrance wins Senior Captain’s Day
Royston Golf Club round-up
COLIN LAWRANCE triumphed in Royston Golf Club’s Senior Captain’s Day last week.
He came out on top of a competitive field, despite the intermittent heavy showers, with 41 points ahead of runner-up John Murray (38 points) and Steve Ogilvie (36).
On Saturday the club held its annual Men’s Invitation Day. Members invited their guest partners from various local clubs and together they played a four-ball better-ball format. The winners on the day were club captain David Crossley with his guest Steve Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to a phenomenal back nine of four-under par, the pairing scored a joint 43 points. In second place was the pairing of Paul Lewis with his guest Robert Copeland on 42 points and in third place was Ray Sammons paired with his brother Roy Sammons, also on 42 points.
The best front nine score went to Keith Taylor and his guest Graham Wilde and the best back nine score to Keith wood with guest Adrian Shoebridge.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote