Lawrance wins Senior Captain’s Day
Royston Golf Club round-up
COLIN LAWRANCE triumphed in Royston Golf Club’s Senior Captain’s Day last week.
He came out on top of a competitive field, despite the intermittent heavy showers, with 41 points ahead of runner-up John Murray (38 points) and Steve Ogilvie (36).
On Saturday the club held its annual Men’s Invitation Day. Members invited their guest partners from various local clubs and together they played a four-ball better-ball format. The winners on the day were club captain David Crossley with his guest Steve Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to a phenomenal back nine of four-under par, the pairing scored a joint 43 points. In second place was the pairing of Paul Lewis with his guest Robert Copeland on 42 points and in third place was Ray Sammons paired with his brother Roy Sammons, also on 42 points.
The best front nine score went to Keith Taylor and his guest Graham Wilde and the best back nine score to Keith wood with guest Adrian Shoebridge.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés