Law wins Royston Golf Club’s Adamson China Cup
- Credit: Archant
Peter Law won the Adamson China Cup, Royston Golf Club’s third major of the year, by three shots from Ryan McDonald.
Law carded a 36-hole score of 142 as both he and McDonald returned under-par scores in the opening round. However, Law kept his cool to retain the lead after the second round and finish overall champion. Andrew Brooker finished a further shot behind McDonald for third.
Peter Rutter also scored a 69 in the second round, but his first round score was not low enough for him to be in contention.
On Saturday, the medal competition was won by Alan Saunders with a score of 68. Graham Richardson and David Rowell both shot 71 for second and third place respectively.
Club captain Nigel Thomas, and Royston’s golf professional Ryan Wingate, played their first Captain/Pro challenge game on Saturday afternoon, narrowly beating Robin Coles and Martin Shipley by two points.
You may also want to watch:
In the ladies’ section, Claire Beaumont won the Ladies Centenary Cup on Saturday afternoon in extremely windy conditions.
It was a very close match with Beaumont getting the better of Sarah Buckerfield in a four-hole play-off.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
For more information, go to www.roystongolfclub.co.uk