Law wins Royston Golf Club’s Adamson China Cup
- Credit: Archant
Peter Law won the Adamson China Cup, Royston Golf Club’s third major of the year, by three shots from Ryan McDonald.
Law carded a 36-hole score of 142 as both he and McDonald returned under-par scores in the opening round. However, Law kept his cool to retain the lead after the second round and finish overall champion. Andrew Brooker finished a further shot behind McDonald for third.
Peter Rutter also scored a 69 in the second round, but his first round score was not low enough for him to be in contention.
On Saturday, the medal competition was won by Alan Saunders with a score of 68. Graham Richardson and David Rowell both shot 71 for second and third place respectively.
Club captain Nigel Thomas, and Royston’s golf professional Ryan Wingate, played their first Captain/Pro challenge game on Saturday afternoon, narrowly beating Robin Coles and Martin Shipley by two points.
In the ladies’ section, Claire Beaumont won the Ladies Centenary Cup on Saturday afternoon in extremely windy conditions.
It was a very close match with Beaumont getting the better of Sarah Buckerfield in a four-hole play-off.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
For more information, go to www.roystongolfclub.co.uk