Law wins Royston Golf Club’s Adamson China Cup
- Credit: Archant
Peter Law won the Adamson China Cup, Royston Golf Club’s third major of the year, by three shots from Ryan McDonald.
Law carded a 36-hole score of 142 as both he and McDonald returned under-par scores in the opening round. However, Law kept his cool to retain the lead after the second round and finish overall champion. Andrew Brooker finished a further shot behind McDonald for third.
Peter Rutter also scored a 69 in the second round, but his first round score was not low enough for him to be in contention.
On Saturday, the medal competition was won by Alan Saunders with a score of 68. Graham Richardson and David Rowell both shot 71 for second and third place respectively.
Club captain Nigel Thomas, and Royston’s golf professional Ryan Wingate, played their first Captain/Pro challenge game on Saturday afternoon, narrowly beating Robin Coles and Martin Shipley by two points.
You may also want to watch:
In the ladies’ section, Claire Beaumont won the Ladies Centenary Cup on Saturday afternoon in extremely windy conditions.
It was a very close match with Beaumont getting the better of Sarah Buckerfield in a four-hole play-off.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
For more information, go to www.roystongolfclub.co.uk