Law wins Royston Golf Club’s Adamson China Cup
- Credit: Archant
Peter Law won the Adamson China Cup, Royston Golf Club’s third major of the year, by three shots from Ryan McDonald.
Law carded a 36-hole score of 142 as both he and McDonald returned under-par scores in the opening round. However, Law kept his cool to retain the lead after the second round and finish overall champion. Andrew Brooker finished a further shot behind McDonald for third.
Peter Rutter also scored a 69 in the second round, but his first round score was not low enough for him to be in contention.
On Saturday, the medal competition was won by Alan Saunders with a score of 68. Graham Richardson and David Rowell both shot 71 for second and third place respectively.
Club captain Nigel Thomas, and Royston’s golf professional Ryan Wingate, played their first Captain/Pro challenge game on Saturday afternoon, narrowly beating Robin Coles and Martin Shipley by two points.
In the ladies’ section, Claire Beaumont won the Ladies Centenary Cup on Saturday afternoon in extremely windy conditions.
It was a very close match with Beaumont getting the better of Sarah Buckerfield in a four-hole play-off.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
For more information, go to www.roystongolfclub.co.uk