Lauren’s in the Hunt for glory
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club. The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole. The
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club.
The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls' squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole.
The ladies winner was Kath Caunce, while Eddie Collins won the gents' competition. Both players finished on the fairway of the 19th hole.
The junior section has been in a rich vein of form with several of the members picking up prizes at the junior opens held over the Easter break.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Windle played some superb golf at Newmarket to reduce his handicap while James Sandford shot an impressive round of level par at Girton in a county trial which has seen his handicap cut to six.
The juniors played the senior section last Friday, with several new members playing for them.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
Led by captain Tom Smith, the juniors ran out winners and thanked the seniors for their hospitality.
Judith Osler shot a sparkling nett 68 to take the overall prize in the Ladies April Medal, which has seen her handicap reduced by two shots to 24. Second place went to Vi Bauckham who pipped Libby Toby on countback.
The ladies played the gents on Saturday and led by their captain, Joan Buckerfield ran out winners to secure the boot trophy.
Gents captain Micky Hall praised the ladies for their excellent play and looked forward to the return match in the autumn.