Lauren’s in the Hunt for glory
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club. The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole. The
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club.
The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls' squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole.
The ladies winner was Kath Caunce, while Eddie Collins won the gents' competition. Both players finished on the fairway of the 19th hole.
The junior section has been in a rich vein of form with several of the members picking up prizes at the junior opens held over the Easter break.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Windle played some superb golf at Newmarket to reduce his handicap while James Sandford shot an impressive round of level par at Girton in a county trial which has seen his handicap cut to six.
The juniors played the senior section last Friday, with several new members playing for them.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Led by captain Tom Smith, the juniors ran out winners and thanked the seniors for their hospitality.
Judith Osler shot a sparkling nett 68 to take the overall prize in the Ladies April Medal, which has seen her handicap reduced by two shots to 24. Second place went to Vi Bauckham who pipped Libby Toby on countback.
The ladies played the gents on Saturday and led by their captain, Joan Buckerfield ran out winners to secure the boot trophy.
Gents captain Micky Hall praised the ladies for their excellent play and looked forward to the return match in the autumn.