Lauren’s in the Hunt for glory
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club. The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole. The
THIRTEEN-year-old Lauren Hunt was the outright winner of the Flag Competition played at Royston Golf Club.
The 20-handicapper, who is part of the county girls' squad, had a fantastic round and managed to complete her allotted shots on the 20th hole.
The ladies winner was Kath Caunce, while Eddie Collins won the gents' competition. Both players finished on the fairway of the 19th hole.
The junior section has been in a rich vein of form with several of the members picking up prizes at the junior opens held over the Easter break.
Jonathan Windle played some superb golf at Newmarket to reduce his handicap while James Sandford shot an impressive round of level par at Girton in a county trial which has seen his handicap cut to six.
The juniors played the senior section last Friday, with several new members playing for them.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Led by captain Tom Smith, the juniors ran out winners and thanked the seniors for their hospitality.
Judith Osler shot a sparkling nett 68 to take the overall prize in the Ladies April Medal, which has seen her handicap reduced by two shots to 24. Second place went to Vi Bauckham who pipped Libby Toby on countback.
The ladies played the gents on Saturday and led by their captain, Joan Buckerfield ran out winners to secure the boot trophy.
Gents captain Micky Hall praised the ladies for their excellent play and looked forward to the return match in the autumn.