Late winner denies Elsenham despite determined performance
Pin Green 3 Elsenham Youth 4 Under-12 Division Four ELSENHAM started very well attacking Pin Green s goal, and when Dan Steer found Bertie Alabaster with a pass Alabaster played a one-two with James Yeadon and shot his side into the lead. The home side re
Pin Green 3 Elsenham Youth 4
Under-12 Division Four
ELSENHAM started very well attacking Pin Green's goal, and when Dan Steer found Bertie Alabaster with a pass Alabaster played a one-two with James Yeadon and shot his side into the lead.
The home side responded well and levelled the scores with a penalty that Dan Keating almost kept out.
You may also want to watch:
Back on the attack, Elsenham's Alex West was put through on goal and fired his shot into the net to put the visitors 2-1 up and from the resulting kick off Alabaster blocked a pass and made two more tackles as he charged towards the Pin Green goal and finished a great solo effort by knocking the ball into the net over the keeper's head.
Pin Green, however, scored again to make it 3-2 at half time.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
The second half was close, but Elsenham were always in control thanks to the strong defence of Adam Fairweather, Jack Williams, Josh Sell and William Golden.
The away team were creating chances, but found it difficult to add to the score.
Ben Clark's shot that struck the post was one of several chances, before Alabaster completed his fourth hat-trick in his first four games this season.
The lads were tired by the end of the match and that was not surprising in the hot, sunny conditions.
Pin Green scored a header from a corner right at the end to leave the final score 4-3.