Late winner denies Elsenham despite determined performance
Pin Green 3 Elsenham Youth 4 Under-12 Division Four ELSENHAM started very well attacking Pin Green s goal, and when Dan Steer found Bertie Alabaster with a pass Alabaster played a one-two with James Yeadon and shot his side into the lead. The home side re
Pin Green 3 Elsenham Youth 4
Under-12 Division Four
ELSENHAM started very well attacking Pin Green's goal, and when Dan Steer found Bertie Alabaster with a pass Alabaster played a one-two with James Yeadon and shot his side into the lead.
The home side responded well and levelled the scores with a penalty that Dan Keating almost kept out.
Back on the attack, Elsenham's Alex West was put through on goal and fired his shot into the net to put the visitors 2-1 up and from the resulting kick off Alabaster blocked a pass and made two more tackles as he charged towards the Pin Green goal and finished a great solo effort by knocking the ball into the net over the keeper's head.
Pin Green, however, scored again to make it 3-2 at half time.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
The second half was close, but Elsenham were always in control thanks to the strong defence of Adam Fairweather, Jack Williams, Josh Sell and William Golden.
The away team were creating chances, but found it difficult to add to the score.
Ben Clark's shot that struck the post was one of several chances, before Alabaster completed his fourth hat-trick in his first four games this season.
The lads were tired by the end of the match and that was not surprising in the hot, sunny conditions.
Pin Green scored a header from a corner right at the end to leave the final score 4-3.