Late penalty denies Celtic
CELTIC were undone by a last-gasp penalty that ensured a 2-2 draw with Sawbridgeworth Juniors Reds. Celtic started strongly and it was Edwards who put his side ahead after breaking the offside trap. Edwards again went close after beating the Sawbridgewor
CELTIC were undone by a last-gasp penalty that ensured a 2-2 draw with Sawbridgeworth Juniors Reds.
Celtic started strongly and it was Edwards who put his side ahead after breaking the offside trap.
Edwards again went close after beating the Sawbridgeworth defence, before Sawbridgeworth capitalised on a rear mix up between the Celtic defence and 'keeper before scrambling the ball home to make the scores level at half time.
The second half started with Celtic controlling the play and using the channels to good effect with Edwards again going close with a long-range effort that went narrowly wide.
You may also want to watch:
Again, Birks and Edwards continued to cause problems before the latter was felled in the box and jack Logan scored the resulting penalty.
Celtic continued to dominate with Little controlling the centre of the park along with the hard working George Pemberton and new signing Romario Thomas.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
With minutes to go, though, a rare Sawbridgeworth attack saw a penalty awarded and converted to draw the scores level at 2-2. Celtic continued to push for the winner they deserved but ran out of time.
M.Houghton, R.Smith, J. Sartini, J. Logan, J. O'Brien, G. Pemberton, M. Barnes, C. Little, K. Birks, J.Austin-Tierney, J. Edwards, G. Byles, R. Thomas, E. Wilkinson