Late Faillettaz winner seals Bassingbourn win
Bassingbourn U14s 3 Hormead Hares U14s 2
Bassingbourn U14s beat Hormead Hares 3-2 in an evenly matched contest.
Hormead started brightly and took a early lead but Bassingbourn steadied themselves as the half wore on but no more goals were scored and Hormead went into the break 1-0 ahead.
Bassingbourn started the second half as they had finished the first and Matt Lovejoy evened things up just after the restart.
The match stayed level until 10 minutes from time when Tom Moody gave Bassingbourn the lead before Hormead equalised in the dying moments and it looked as though the match would finish level.
You may also want to watch:
However, Sean Faillettaz scored the winner deep into stoppage time to give Bassingbourn all three points.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?