Late Faillettaz winner seals Bassingbourn win
Bassingbourn U14s 3 Hormead Hares U14s 2
Bassingbourn U14s beat Hormead Hares 3-2 in an evenly matched contest.
Hormead started brightly and took a early lead but Bassingbourn steadied themselves as the half wore on but no more goals were scored and Hormead went into the break 1-0 ahead.
Bassingbourn started the second half as they had finished the first and Matt Lovejoy evened things up just after the restart.
The match stayed level until 10 minutes from time when Tom Moody gave Bassingbourn the lead before Hormead equalised in the dying moments and it looked as though the match would finish level.
You may also want to watch:
However, Sean Faillettaz scored the winner deep into stoppage time to give Bassingbourn all three points.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club