Last round fight
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round. With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 po
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round.
With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 points each, Paul Crawford, Brian French, and Les Thorn just held on to their slender lead of one point from Mel Marks, Lee Williamson, and Dave Watts, to take the title with 38 points.
In third place were Steve Miller, Ivan Drury, and John Archer, with 31.5 points.
With favourable weather and the Heydon Grange course in excellent condition for the time of year, the February medal Division 1 was won by Trevor Clifton (11) with a blistering net 66.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, Gerry Murphy (17) took the Division 2 medal with the same net score.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show