Last round fight
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round. With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 po
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round.
With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 points each, Paul Crawford, Brian French, and Les Thorn just held on to their slender lead of one point from Mel Marks, Lee Williamson, and Dave Watts, to take the title with 38 points.
In third place were Steve Miller, Ivan Drury, and John Archer, with 31.5 points.
With favourable weather and the Heydon Grange course in excellent condition for the time of year, the February medal Division 1 was won by Trevor Clifton (11) with a blistering net 66.
Not to be outdone, Gerry Murphy (17) took the Division 2 medal with the same net score.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 3 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'