Last round fight
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round. With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 po
Following seven rounds of the winter league at Heydon Grange, and with 10 points available to the winners, four teams out of a field of 17 were fighting it out going into the last round.
With the leading two teams finishing joint second and gaining 7.5 points each, Paul Crawford, Brian French, and Les Thorn just held on to their slender lead of one point from Mel Marks, Lee Williamson, and Dave Watts, to take the title with 38 points.
In third place were Steve Miller, Ivan Drury, and John Archer, with 31.5 points.
With favourable weather and the Heydon Grange course in excellent condition for the time of year, the February medal Division 1 was won by Trevor Clifton (11) with a blistering net 66.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, Gerry Murphy (17) took the Division 2 medal with the same net score.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash