Last-minute strike wins game
Shefford & Sandy 2 Royston Ladies 3 ROYSTON won their sixth game on the spin thanks to a last-minute strike from player-of-the-match Sarah Farmer. Royston remain unbeaten, despite falling behind in the opening five minutes. But after regrouping, they w
Shefford & Sandy 2 Royston Ladies 3
ROYSTON won their sixth game on the spin thanks to a last-minute strike from player-of-the-match Sarah Farmer.
Royston remain unbeaten, despite falling behind in the opening five minutes.
But after regrouping, they were rewarded when top-scorer Lucy Davidson netted her 13th goal of the season after a fine piece of individual skill.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors pushed hard for a second after half-time and Davidson did what she does best when she fired in her second after a well-worked short corner.
With 10 minutes left, the home side pulled a goal back with their own well-taken strike following another short corner.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
However, Royston were not going to lose their record easily, and in the final few seconds Catherine Johnson provided a perfect pass to Farmer, who struck cleanly into the top left corner of the goal.
Royston Ladies III 2 Vauxhall Chilterns 2
ROYSTON were unlucky not to pick up all the points after playing some excellent pass and move hockey.
Gill Birch played a solid game on the left of Royston's attack and created space for Lisa Thompson early on.
And when her strike bounced back off the Vauxhall keeper, Laura Thompson was on hand to slot the ball home.
It took Vauxhall only five minutes to carve out an equaliser, but minutes into the second half Royston were back in the lead when Helen Miles fed a fine ball through to Sarah Warren down the right flank, and her cross was met by a brilliant Gemma Whitby finish.
Unfortunately for Royston, they were unable to should out until the end when a scrappy mix-up allowed a Vauxhall forward in to score with just 10 minutes of play remaining.