Last minute loss
Royston Town Ladies 1 Sophtlogic 3 UNTIL the last few minutes Town looked to have secured a well deserved point from the unbeaten visitors who were lying in second place in the league. However, it was not to be after Logic first scored from a poorly de
Royston Town Ladies 1
UNTIL the last few minutes Town looked to have secured a well deserved point from the unbeaten visitors who were lying in second place in the league.
However, it was not to be after Logic first scored from a poorly defended corner and then finished the game off with an unstoppable shot in the dying minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors started strongly and Town were finding it difficult to get into the game but good defending by Marie Miller and Gemma Barlow and two great saves from keeper Amy Walker kept the scores level until the interval.
Playing against the wind in the second half seemed to suit Royston and with Jodie Scott working tirelessly in midfield they looked the better side and were unlucky not to take the lead from a viciously taken corner by Emma Chaffey.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Against the run of play Logic caught Town's defence flat footed and in spite of a last ditch tackle by Vicky Foulger she could not prevent the visitors taking the lead.
Royston, however, kept their passing going and a great ball by Laura Foulger saw Caroline Lambert outpace the Logic defender and score from the tightest of angles.
Town continued to have the advantage and Marie Miller went close with a great shot from outside of the area before the visitors scored their two late goals to secure the victory.