Last minute loss
Royston Town Ladies 1 Sophtlogic 3 UNTIL the last few minutes Town looked to have secured a well deserved point from the unbeaten visitors who were lying in second place in the league. However, it was not to be after Logic first scored from a poorly de
Royston Town Ladies 1
UNTIL the last few minutes Town looked to have secured a well deserved point from the unbeaten visitors who were lying in second place in the league.
However, it was not to be after Logic first scored from a poorly defended corner and then finished the game off with an unstoppable shot in the dying minutes.
The visitors started strongly and Town were finding it difficult to get into the game but good defending by Marie Miller and Gemma Barlow and two great saves from keeper Amy Walker kept the scores level until the interval.
Playing against the wind in the second half seemed to suit Royston and with Jodie Scott working tirelessly in midfield they looked the better side and were unlucky not to take the lead from a viciously taken corner by Emma Chaffey.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Against the run of play Logic caught Town's defence flat footed and in spite of a last ditch tackle by Vicky Foulger she could not prevent the visitors taking the lead.
Royston, however, kept their passing going and a great ball by Laura Foulger saw Caroline Lambert outpace the Logic defender and score from the tightest of angles.
Town continued to have the advantage and Marie Miller went close with a great shot from outside of the area before the visitors scored their two late goals to secure the victory.