Lane wins Captain’s Farewell Stableford
Over �2,000 raised for chairity at Royston Golf Club event
ROYSTON Golf Club hosted the Captain’s Farewell Stableford on Saturday in which over 90 players took part.
Sid Seward and Alice Lewis were the hosts and over �2,000 was raised for charity.
Despite the downpour on Friday night, the course was in excellent condition and the early started were greeted by bright blue skies. Richard Lane won the event with a fantastic score of 41 points after shooting level-par on the back nine.
Peter Rutter continued his fine form to finish second with 40 points while Steve Rogers, Chris Trimble and Richard Howorth all scored 38.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies vice-captain, Karen Pearson, won the ladies prize with 34 points with Sue Leadbeater finishing second.
Craig Holson shot a nett 65 on Sunday to win Division One of the Men’s Medal edging out Darren Dawson by two shots, despite two double bogeys on the back nine. Dave Crossley was a further shot back in third.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Dave Millership pipped Russell Davey on countback to win Division Two as both players recorded nett 66. Gary Noble was third on 67 and Martin Pendrick was the only other player to break his handicap with a 69.
Meanwhile, Mike Harrison won the Midweek Golfers’ Stableford with 38 ahead of John Kelly (38), Gary Fortune (37) and John Griffin (37).