Lane wins Captain’s Farewell Stableford
Over �2,000 raised for chairity at Royston Golf Club event
ROYSTON Golf Club hosted the Captain’s Farewell Stableford on Saturday in which over 90 players took part.
Sid Seward and Alice Lewis were the hosts and over �2,000 was raised for charity.
Despite the downpour on Friday night, the course was in excellent condition and the early started were greeted by bright blue skies. Richard Lane won the event with a fantastic score of 41 points after shooting level-par on the back nine.
Peter Rutter continued his fine form to finish second with 40 points while Steve Rogers, Chris Trimble and Richard Howorth all scored 38.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies vice-captain, Karen Pearson, won the ladies prize with 34 points with Sue Leadbeater finishing second.
Craig Holson shot a nett 65 on Sunday to win Division One of the Men’s Medal edging out Darren Dawson by two shots, despite two double bogeys on the back nine. Dave Crossley was a further shot back in third.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 8 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 9 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Dave Millership pipped Russell Davey on countback to win Division Two as both players recorded nett 66. Gary Noble was third on 67 and Martin Pendrick was the only other player to break his handicap with a 69.
Meanwhile, Mike Harrison won the Midweek Golfers’ Stableford with 38 ahead of John Kelly (38), Gary Fortune (37) and John Griffin (37).