Ladies title for Lauren
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club. The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the hand
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club.
The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the handicap prize thanks to a net score of 144.
The Junior Medal was played on the same day, and saw Oliver Pemberton finish top of the pile with a gross 76, nett 64, helped by a back nine of gross 33 (one under par). James Smith was second and John Middlemass third.
Meanwhile the Senior Open attracted players from far afield, but it was home player Fred Wilding who used his course knowledge to win the title with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Club captain Roy Ward won the Tom Hyde trophy with 35 points, edging out Colin Roberts on countback, while the Midweek Golfers Stableford was won by John Weaver with 36 points.
The Veterans Tankard is now held by Jim Evans, who recorded a fine nett 66 from his 15 handicap, despite opening with a double bogey.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The Men's Medal was won by the ever improving Stephen Bell.