Ladies title for Lauren
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club. The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the hand
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club.
The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the handicap prize thanks to a net score of 144.
The Junior Medal was played on the same day, and saw Oliver Pemberton finish top of the pile with a gross 76, nett 64, helped by a back nine of gross 33 (one under par). James Smith was second and John Middlemass third.
Meanwhile the Senior Open attracted players from far afield, but it was home player Fred Wilding who used his course knowledge to win the title with 36 points.
Club captain Roy Ward won the Tom Hyde trophy with 35 points, edging out Colin Roberts on countback, while the Midweek Golfers Stableford was won by John Weaver with 36 points.
The Veterans Tankard is now held by Jim Evans, who recorded a fine nett 66 from his 15 handicap, despite opening with a double bogey.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
The Men's Medal was won by the ever improving Stephen Bell.