Ladies title for Lauren
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club. The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the hand
LAUREN Hunt shook off the effects of a back injury to win the Ladies Club Championship at Royston Golf Club.
The 15-year old won the 36-hole scratch event by three shots from Tracey Parsons. Previous winner Jenny Jarvis was third. Paula Offer won the handicap prize thanks to a net score of 144.
The Junior Medal was played on the same day, and saw Oliver Pemberton finish top of the pile with a gross 76, nett 64, helped by a back nine of gross 33 (one under par). James Smith was second and John Middlemass third.
Meanwhile the Senior Open attracted players from far afield, but it was home player Fred Wilding who used his course knowledge to win the title with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Club captain Roy Ward won the Tom Hyde trophy with 35 points, edging out Colin Roberts on countback, while the Midweek Golfers Stableford was won by John Weaver with 36 points.
The Veterans Tankard is now held by Jim Evans, who recorded a fine nett 66 from his 15 handicap, despite opening with a double bogey.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The Men's Medal was won by the ever improving Stephen Bell.