Ladies thrash Stevenage 6-0
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0 FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game. Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of t
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0
FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game.
Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of the opponent's defender on the goal-line.
Davidson soon added another with a neat strike from a short corner and Royston's third was not far behind, courtesy of Louise Arnold after a good run up the right wing by player of the match Lucy Bidder.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the restart Davidson scored arguably her most impressive goal when she dribbled the ball from the half way line and shot from the middle of the D to bag her third of the match.
Royston keeper Elaine Cook then produced an impressive penalty save, a stop which would ensure Royston's first clean sheet of the season.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 3 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
Davidson then turned provider for right-wing Laura Simpson who scored her third goal of the season from close-range after adopting a good position on the goal-line, and in the last few minutes Davidson added her fourth to round off an excellent performance which leaves Royston sixth in the league.