Ladies thrash Stevenage 6-0
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0 FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game. Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of t
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0
FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game.
Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of the opponent's defender on the goal-line.
Davidson soon added another with a neat strike from a short corner and Royston's third was not far behind, courtesy of Louise Arnold after a good run up the right wing by player of the match Lucy Bidder.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the restart Davidson scored arguably her most impressive goal when she dribbled the ball from the half way line and shot from the middle of the D to bag her third of the match.
Royston keeper Elaine Cook then produced an impressive penalty save, a stop which would ensure Royston's first clean sheet of the season.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
Davidson then turned provider for right-wing Laura Simpson who scored her third goal of the season from close-range after adopting a good position on the goal-line, and in the last few minutes Davidson added her fourth to round off an excellent performance which leaves Royston sixth in the league.