Ladies thrash Stevenage 6-0
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0 FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game. Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of t
Royston Ladies II 6 Stevenage Ladies III 0
FOUR goals from Lucy Davidson helped Royston Ladies hammer Stevenage in an action packed game.
Davidson scored ten minutes into the first half from a penalty flick after a shot from Clare Perry hit the foot of the opponent's defender on the goal-line.
Davidson soon added another with a neat strike from a short corner and Royston's third was not far behind, courtesy of Louise Arnold after a good run up the right wing by player of the match Lucy Bidder.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the restart Davidson scored arguably her most impressive goal when she dribbled the ball from the half way line and shot from the middle of the D to bag her third of the match.
Royston keeper Elaine Cook then produced an impressive penalty save, a stop which would ensure Royston's first clean sheet of the season.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Davidson then turned provider for right-wing Laura Simpson who scored her third goal of the season from close-range after adopting a good position on the goal-line, and in the last few minutes Davidson added her fourth to round off an excellent performance which leaves Royston sixth in the league.