Ladies take a share of the spoils
Royston Ladies 4 Broxbourne II 4 ROYSTON shared the points in an eight goal thriller, on Saturday (December 9). The home side started the game well but was not performing at their usual high standard. Broxbourne came out strong and really put the
Royston Ladies 4 Broxbourne II 4
ROYSTON shared the points in an eight goal thriller, on Saturday (December 9).
The home side started the game well but was not performing at their usual high standard.
Broxbourne came out strong and really put the pressure on Royston by holding them in their own half.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually the persistent play from Broxbourne broke the deadlock from a shot that was just deflected pass goalkeeper Laura Price.
Royston pulled it together and held possession gradually moving up the pitch to put the pressure onto Broxbourne's defence.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Royston gained a free hit from the top of the D which allowed Ruth Askham to give Denise Underwood a chance to slot the ball home into an open goal.
The second half started with Royston on the back foot again and they conceded and early goal.
Royston composed themselves with Kerry Alexander making some good tackles and breaking down play.
Lize Botha managed to rob the ball from Broxbourne and moved the ball onto Martine Powley out wide who drove forward to slot a pass to Ellie Mann in the centre for her to bury the ball in the net.
Ellie Mann was able to score another goal with a one touch shot from a well placed pass from Martine Powley.
Royston kept the ball in Broxbourne's 25 but with several failed shots on goal were unable to create the space to get a shot pass the keeper.
The home side gained a short corner which was converted from a straight strike by Wendy Finlay which was deflected in by the Broxbourne defence.
Royston kept attacking but Broxbourne broke down play on many occasions, and as the home side relaxed they were hit by two late goals to give the visitors a share of the spoils.
Berkhamsted & Hemel III 1 Royston Ladies III 2
THIS was going to be a hard game for Royston as they had to adapt to playing on grass again.
From the start they played strongly and positive and were unlucky not to score several goals from near misses and rebounds off the woodwork.
After half time the visitors came out strongly determined to score and this paid off 10 minutes into the game when a short corner from Kirsty Penfold was stopped by Gemma Hoad who made a beautiful pass to Lisa Thompson on the left of the D who blasted the ball into the back of the Berkhamstead net.
Royston still continued the pressure and Tash Greenstein took advantage of this and went round two players and hit the perfect strike at the top of the D to give Royston their second.
Berko' came back with a goal five minutes before the final whistle but this was a great league win for Royston to finish the year off.