Ladies put four past Letchworth
Royston Ladies I 4 Letchworth GC III 0 ROYSTON piled on the pressure from the start and were quickly moving the ball around and creating chances. The Crows opened the scoring when Wendy Holt slipped a ball through to Kirsty McKenzie who rifled it past the
Royston Ladies I 4
Letchworth GC III 0
ROYSTON piled on the pressure from the start and were quickly moving the ball around and creating chances.
The Crows opened the scoring when Wendy Holt slipped a ball through to Kirsty McKenzie who rifled it past the 'keeper and into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Holt soon got her own name on the scoresheet when player-of-the-match Vicki Bidwell drove the ball up the middle of the pitch, played it through to Holt who used some clever stick skills to beat the defenders and put the ball in the back of the goal.
Royston continued fighting in the second half and some good movement off the ball from Ruth Askham in the middle created further scoring opportunities for her teammates.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Denise Underwood scored Royston's third with a well placed strike, before Holt wrapped up the scoring with her second which came from strong attacking play down the right. Royston were unlucky not to capitalise further on all their possession but were happy with a good performance and a convincing win which included a clean sheet.
Royston Ladies II 2
Welwyn Garden City II 1
A FANTASTIC performance by the Ladies Seconds bagged them four points in this tension-ridden fixture.
The match began with Welwyn GC trying to claim the points for a late start due to previous late running matches, however a quick check of the rules confirmed the fact the match could be played much to their disappointment.
Despite Welwyn being above Royston in the league, the Crows were so fired up for the game that they were all over the opposition in the first half and created plenty of good opportunities to put their visitors under pressure.
They were rewarded with a rifle of a shot by Tash Greenstein after 10 minutes, followed by a follow-up finish by player-of-the-match Sarah Warren.
The shortened second half saw Welwyn come back into the match, but sheer team spirit and stubbornness kept them out until late in the match when they managed a consolation goal.