Ladies produce late comeback
Hannakins 4 Royston Town Ladies 4
ROYSTON TOWN Ladies produced a storming second half comeback to draw 4-4 with Hannakins at the weekend.
The home team went ahead inside two minutes from a free kick before finding themselves 3-0 up at half time.
It was hardly a true reflection of the first half with Royston producing some excellent passing football, particularly down the right where Hannah Mardell and Marie Miller linked up well with Jenny Probert up front who was always a threat.
Sharron Pinner pulled a goal back from Royston following a terrific run from Eve Brindle. And they scored another shortly afterwards through a Lucy Davidson tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Hannakins had no real answer to Town’s flowing football it was no surprise when Probert once again beat the defence only to be crudely chopped down in the penalty area. However, Probert sent the ‘keeper the wrong way for a deserved Town equaliser.
Hannakins then went and grabbed a fourth against the run of play but Brindle was on hand to volley home a dramatic equaliser in the final moments of the match.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Town’s manager, Steve Buckannan, commented after the game: “At half time we looked dead and buried and all the players were very down but they showed what team work and spirit can produce and you’d have to go a long way to see a better second half performance. I’m very proud of them all.”