Ladies produce late comeback
Hannakins 4 Royston Town Ladies 4
ROYSTON TOWN Ladies produced a storming second half comeback to draw 4-4 with Hannakins at the weekend.
The home team went ahead inside two minutes from a free kick before finding themselves 3-0 up at half time.
It was hardly a true reflection of the first half with Royston producing some excellent passing football, particularly down the right where Hannah Mardell and Marie Miller linked up well with Jenny Probert up front who was always a threat.
Sharron Pinner pulled a goal back from Royston following a terrific run from Eve Brindle. And they scored another shortly afterwards through a Lucy Davidson tap-in.
Hannakins had no real answer to Town’s flowing football it was no surprise when Probert once again beat the defence only to be crudely chopped down in the penalty area. However, Probert sent the ‘keeper the wrong way for a deserved Town equaliser.
Hannakins then went and grabbed a fourth against the run of play but Brindle was on hand to volley home a dramatic equaliser in the final moments of the match.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Town’s manager, Steve Buckannan, commented after the game: “At half time we looked dead and buried and all the players were very down but they showed what team work and spirit can produce and you’d have to go a long way to see a better second half performance. I’m very proud of them all.”