Ladies in command
Royston 48 Christchurch 14 ROYSTON maintained their superb start to the new season with another commanding win. Again, Royston started strongly, and within minutes the goals were flowing, while at the other end Emma Higton and Jo Moxham remained composed
Royston 48 Christchurch 14
ROYSTON maintained their superb start to the new season with another commanding win.
Again, Royston started strongly, and within minutes the goals were flowing, while at the other end Emma Higton and Jo Moxham remained composed as the home side ended the first quarter 14-4 in front.
Royston's centre court combination of Karen Hume and Carol Parcell looked strong and fed the ball into the circle with ease, and as a result the goals came thick and fast, courtesy of Emma Kelly and Tracy Stimson.
And at the end of the second quarter Royston were leading 25-6.
In the third quarter, Natalie Williams came in to the centre to keep up Royston's attacking momentum.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The visitors tried in vain, but some excellent interceptions by player-of-the-match Higton saw Christchurch offer very little threat in front of the Royston net.
In the last quarter, Royston's play switched to more defensive, as they looked to protect their comfortable lead.
Stimson was tireless in closing down her opponents and proved pivotal in sealing more points with some excellent long range shots.
It was another impressive Royston performance as the regional league club continued to make their mark in their new league.
Royston: Kelly, Stimson, Hume, Parcell, Huttlestone, Williams, Higton, Moxham.