Knights on verge of title joy after Potton victory
THE under-14 Knights virtually ensured themselves of the Crow League Division Four title as they overcame second placed Potton 2-1, thanks to goals from Jack Fidock and Rosh Aujla. The under-10 Templars and Crusaders both enjoyed emphatic wins over Bishop
THE under-14 Knights virtually ensured themselves of the Crow League Division Four title as they overcame second placed Potton 2-1, thanks to goals from Jack Fidock and Rosh Aujla.
The under-10 Templars and Crusaders both enjoyed emphatic wins over Bishop's Stortford. The Templars retained third place in Division A as four goals from Charlie Briggs and a Joe Kingham strike gave them a 5-0 victory.
The Crusaders took another giant step to the Division B title with Kain Linnell scoring four and Christopher Birkett grabbing a hat-trick in a 7-1 win.
The under-10 Knights and Lancers both went into their games with Bassingbourn short handed due to the holidays, and although beaten were far from disgraced, both producing fighting performances.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Symons and Ben Cox were on target for the Knights in their 3-2 defeat against Bassingbourn A, while Kier Boyd and Lewis Copsey scored for the Lancers as they lost 4-2 to the visitors B side.
The under-11 Knights were in good form as they beat Broadhall 6-3 in their Division Three match.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The under-12 Templars narrowly failed to reach the final of their League Cup after a pulsating semi-final against Herts Rangers.
Although Jhai Dillon scored twice and Anthony Geary added a third, it was the Rangers who eventually went through by 4-3.
The under-12 Knights suffered a day to forget as they crashed 12-1 against Stevenage Borough Reds. Alex Surridge scored the Knights consolation goal.
The under-13 Templars suffered a rare defeat as they were defeated 2-1 at Knebworth.
The under-13 Knights notched up another victory at Buntingford Cougars as two goals each from George Laurence and Jordan Davis, together with a George Leete strike and an own goal gave them an impressive 6-1 win.
Both the under-14 Templars and Crusaders suffered defeats, with the Templars going down 5-0 at Apollo and the Crusaders 3-1 at St Neots despite a Mitchell Tredgett goal.
Despite playing some of their best football of the season the under-15 Crusaders bowed out of their League Cup, as they were defeated by higher league opponents Royston Town by 4-0.
The under-15 Knights continued their winning ways as an Aaron Slack hat-trick together with a James Farrar goal gave them a 4-1 win at Royston Celtic.
The under-15 Lancers maintained second spot in Division Two as they defeated Bedwell Rangers by 4-2 thanks to goals from Joel Strickland, Sam Fraser-Bossom, Jordan Fidock and Daniel Newton.