Knights mauled by Lions
IN THE county cup the under-10 Knights were defeated 3-0 by a strong Maccabi London Lions side. In the Royston Crow League the under-10 Templars suffered their second consecutive defeat, as two goals from Charlie Briggs could not prevent Royston Town Colt
IN THE county cup the under-10 Knights were defeated 3-0 by a strong Maccabi London Lions side.
In the Royston Crow League the under-10 Templars suffered their second consecutive defeat, as two goals from Charlie Briggs could not prevent Royston Town Colts A taking the points following a 4-2 victory
The under-10 Crusaders gained revenge in their match against the Colts B side. Josh Jones was on target twice and Dan Bracken added a third as the Crusaders gained a 3-1 win.
The under-10 Lancers continue to ride high in Division F, although it took an own goal in the second half to finally give them the three points in a 1-0 victory over a dogged Manuden side.
The under-11 Knights produced their best performance of the season to beat Fairlands Youth 3-1, while the Lancers were beaten 5-2 at Elsenham.
The under-12 Crusaders kept up their recent winning streak with a win at Bishop's Stortford Rovers. Toby Harvey was on target twice, and with Iain Robinson also grabbing a goal, the Crusaders returned home with a 3-2 victory.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
A Jordan Pope goal was the under-12 Knights only consolation as they wee beaten 4-1 by Symonds Green,
The under-13 Templars recorded an excellent 3-1 win at Buntingford Cougars thanks to two goals from Josh Camborne-Paynter and a James Canning strike.
The under-14 Crusaders slipped to a 3-0 defeat at home to Letchworth Garden City Eagles Reds, while in Division Four the under-14 Knights maintained their 100 percent record for the season with an emphatic win over Hatfield Town. First half goals from Jordan O'Neil and Luke Gatward set the Knights on their way.
Although Hatfield pulled a goal back early in the second half, two goals apiece from James Sadler and Jack Fidock together with a Tom Bradbury effort made the final score 7-1.
The under-15 Lancers were another team to maintain a perfect league record as they brushed aside Hormead Hares in their Division Two match. Joel Strickland recorded the best individual scoring performance of the day by grabbing fours goals, while fellow striker Sam Frazer-Bossom was on target twice. Kieron Anderson added another as the Lancers finished 7-1 winners.
Not so lucky were the under-15 Crusaders who finally lost a close, high scoring game against St Neots by 5-4.
The under-17 Crusaders recorded their best win of the season at Broadhall Youth. Matthew Bolton and Conor Finan were both on target twice, and with Chris Moodey adding a fifth, the Crusaders gained a convincing 5-1 victory.