Knebworth Youth round-up

Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 0 Bedwell Rangers Galaxy 0 Under-10s THE Knebworth Cheetahs hosted two friendly matches against Bedwell Rangers on Sunday morning. The first game ebbed and flowed and it probably would have been unjust for either side to ha

Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 0 Bedwell Rangers Galaxy 0


THE Knebworth Cheetahs hosted two friendly matches against Bedwell Rangers on Sunday morning.

The first game ebbed and flowed and it probably would have been unjust for either side to have conceded as both teams put on a real show of quality in a game played in the best of spirits.

Knebworth had a number of chances in the first half but found a 'keeper in good form while at the other end Callum Cook kept Knebworth level with two very good saves.

Knebworth had a complete change around for the second half with defenders playing as attackers and vice versa but still chances came at both ends.

Most Read

Archie Garrett went close for the home team from a free-kick outside the box and then Charlie Unwin went on a mazy run to beat three defenders but he was unable to find the space to get his shot away.

In the dying seconds, Cook, being given a role in midfield following his display in goal, almost grabbed the winner as he latched on to a loose ball after a scrambled clearance only to see his shot going inches narrowly wide of the upright.

Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Yellows 2 Bedwell Rangers Rapid 1


IN the second game the Yellows were matched for effort by a well-organised and determined Bedwell team which probably had the better chances in the opening minutes.

The home side, however, took the lead when defender Codie Finch stepped up to twice hit a shot from the edge of the box, the second effort taking two wicked deflections before finding the net.

Bedwell rallied and deservedly equalised when Steffan Jones could only parry a shot and the Bedwell striker calmly slotted home for 1-1.

Knebworth worked hard in the second half but found a very good goalkeeper making several fine saves, and Bedwell themselves had chances to have scored.

The game was finally settled when Taylor Wilson slotted home in front of goal and Robson Moss went close with two efforts that came back off the post and the bar in the closing stages.

HC Cougars 1 Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Stripes 2

Under-10s League Cup First Round

KNEBWORTH Youth Stripes were in League Cup action away to HC Cougars of Letchworth.

The first half saw the Stripes go in at half time 1-0 down, much against the run of play as they had experienced the majority of possession.

The best effort of the first half came from Remi who was played through on goal after some great work from Tom Sharma but he could not convert the chance to open the scoring and the home side went ahead at the end of the first half with their first shot on goal in the game.

The Stripes came off at half time frustrated, but kept their heads and started the second half as they finished the first. Their deserved equaliser came when Taylor Bunn found the back of the net for his third goal of the season.

The Stripes second and final goal came soon after when a penalty was given after a foul on Sharma. After much consideration the referee pointed to the spot and it was up to captain Josh Downes to take the kick which he coolly slotted home.

The Stripes continued to enjoy the majority of possession and birthday boy Matt Chappenden came close to adding a third but put the ball over the bar and Taylor had another good effort but put the ball wide of the post.