Knebworth lose to Hitchin Yellows
Hitchin Youth U10s Yellows 2 – 0 Knebworth Youth Yellows TWO contrasting footballing styles met on a sunny, yet cold and windy Sunday morning at Ickleford. Knebworth played the better football and moved the ball fluently as they sought to open up a pac
Hitchin Youth U10s Yellows 2 - 0 Knebworth Youth Yellows
TWO contrasting footballing styles met on a sunny, yet cold and windy Sunday morning at Ickleford.
Knebworth played the better football and moved the ball fluently as they sought to open up a packed Hitchin defence.
An early error in the Cheetahs box, where defenders failed to deal with a threat, allowed a cross come shot which was converted after a rebound from close range to give the home team the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Some lovely football by the visitors saw a chance created for Charlie Unwin at the back post, but he failed to connect properly when a goal looked certain.
Then after some more good build-up play, Thomas Porter got the ball out of his feet and hit a superb shot from distance that smashed against the bar and away to safety.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Hitchin defended desperately and were pleased to see another Knebworth effort rebound off of the post and somehow they made it to half-time 1-0 in the lead.
Hitchin started the second half brightly and almost scored a second but for the crossbar. And when a needless free-kick was given away at the edge of the Knebworth box, the Hitchin player lifted it up over the wall and it caught the wind to wrong-foot Jones in the Knebworth goal for 2-0.
Knebworth created enough chances to have won the and they need to learn that individual errors can cost you and that you need to concentrate for the full 40 minutes if you want to pick up points in a difficult division.