Knebworth Cheetahs too good for Eagles
Blacks beat Letchworth in top of table clash
Under-11s Division Two
In a thoroughly entertaining game, Knebworth Cheetahs Blacks took on Letchworth Eagles at the top of the table.
Knebworth looked strong from the start and Kieran Atkinson opened the scoring before a superb move involving Ted Quartley and Nicky Callus-Upstone saw the ball crossed for Matt Wren to make it 2-0.
Eagles rallied and had one chance cleared off the line by Mitchell Rogers before they scored a second half goal to get back in the game.
You may also want to watch:
They then enjoyed a spell of pressure but when Harry Harknett was brought down in the box by their goalkeeper Archie Garrett coolly slotted home the penalty for 3-1.
Callus-Upstone scored a fourth before Eagles pulled another goal back, but Billy Flack saved the best until last with a quality strike from distance.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Under-11s League Cup
Current cup holders Knebworth Cheetahs Yellows took on Stevenage Borough, a team which has scored 90 goals this season and conceded just two.
Steffan Jones went closest for Knebworth with a header in front of goal that should have found the target but in the second half he more than made up for this with a well-taken finish to put his side ahead.
Jack Scott then smashed the ball home from the edge of the area for a 2-0 lead before Charlie Unwin curled in a third to see the Cheetahs through to the quarter-final where they will face Bishop’s Stortford.