Kit’s a great start!
County Hall 1 Royston Town A 4 STARTING the season in a new division – and a new kit – new-look Royston proved too strong for County Hall. Royston opened their account through Greg Jackson, who showed another side to his game with a fierce 35-yard free k
County Hall 1 Royston Town A 4
STARTING the season in a new division - and a new kit - new-look Royston proved too strong for County Hall.
Royston opened their account through Greg Jackson, who showed another side to his game with a fierce 35-yard free kick.
A fine nine-man passing move followed, capped by a superb chip from Dalton O'Brien before half time.
County Hall came out stronger in the second half, but it was Royston who showed more determination, with keeper Pete Lee in commanding form.
Jay White was next on the scoresheet when he headed home from Josh Bourner's corner.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
The hosts then snatched a consolation goal, before Nathan Davenport completed the victory with a close- range finish.