King team faces Finland test
FOLLOWING a record breaking appearance at the UK s Summernationals, the Portable Shade Top Fuel Bike of King Racing took the four-day boat trip to the first leg of the European Championship s Nordic swing. Alastaro in Finland was the venue for the second
FOLLOWING a record breaking appearance at the UK's Summernationals, the Portable Shade Top Fuel Bike of King Racing took the four-day boat trip to the first leg of the European Championship's Nordic swing.
Alastaro in Finland was the venue for the second round of the European Championship which is one of the Royston-based team's favourite locations.
Ian King came into the Finnish round with a few clutch tweaks and tuning directions to try out.
The Portable Shade Puma produced 6.538/207.13 to head the qualifying sheets and then dropped into the 6.4s in the first two rounds of eliminations before facing off with Rikard Gustafsson in the final round of eliminations.
You may also want to watch:
King shot into second place in the early season points to bounce back from the somewhat abortive start to his defence of his 2007 UEM title at the main event.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?