King team faces Finland test
FOLLOWING a record breaking appearance at the UK s Summernationals, the Portable Shade Top Fuel Bike of King Racing took the four-day boat trip to the first leg of the European Championship s Nordic swing. Alastaro in Finland was the venue for the second
FOLLOWING a record breaking appearance at the UK's Summernationals, the Portable Shade Top Fuel Bike of King Racing took the four-day boat trip to the first leg of the European Championship's Nordic swing.
Alastaro in Finland was the venue for the second round of the European Championship which is one of the Royston-based team's favourite locations.
Ian King came into the Finnish round with a few clutch tweaks and tuning directions to try out.
The Portable Shade Puma produced 6.538/207.13 to head the qualifying sheets and then dropped into the 6.4s in the first two rounds of eliminations before facing off with Rikard Gustafsson in the final round of eliminations.
You may also want to watch:
King shot into second place in the early season points to bounce back from the somewhat abortive start to his defence of his 2007 UEM title at the main event.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms