King team denied by Gremlins
DESPITE setting two personal bests and a new UK record over the weekend, mechanical problems ensured that Litlington-based motorcycle drag racer Ian King finished runner-up in the Top Fuel Bike final at the UK Summernationals. King, 46, who runs King Raci
DESPITE setting two personal bests and a new UK record over the weekend, mechanical problems ensured that Litlington-based motorcycle drag racer Ian King finished runner-up in the Top Fuel Bike final at the UK Summernationals.
King, 46, who runs King Racing, had led the final at the half way stage, before a belt broke on his bike to hand victory to rival Ian Turburville.
King Racing, who hold the European speed record, will next be in action at Mantorp Park in Sweden from July 24-27.
TALENTED Royston racer Kieren Clark is set to further his progress by competing at the Snetterton rounds of the Formula Renault UK series this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Clark, 19, said: "I like Snetterton, and had a very good test session there last week, so I'm definitely up for it.
"I start the race from 15th spot, but I am aiming to secure better qualifying places in the two sessions ahead of Sunday's races.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
"I know that's where I need to improve. My races have been good, but it won't hurt to get closer to the front at the start.
"It's been a month since my last race, so I can't wait to get back on track."
As well as rounds 13 and 14 on Sunday, Saturday will see the running of round 10, postponed from a waterlogged Croft weekend.
For more information contact Clark's team at firstname.lastname@example.org