King team denied by Gremlins
DESPITE setting two personal bests and a new UK record over the weekend, mechanical problems ensured that Litlington-based motorcycle drag racer Ian King finished runner-up in the Top Fuel Bike final at the UK Summernationals. King, 46, who runs King Raci
DESPITE setting two personal bests and a new UK record over the weekend, mechanical problems ensured that Litlington-based motorcycle drag racer Ian King finished runner-up in the Top Fuel Bike final at the UK Summernationals.
King, 46, who runs King Racing, had led the final at the half way stage, before a belt broke on his bike to hand victory to rival Ian Turburville.
King Racing, who hold the European speed record, will next be in action at Mantorp Park in Sweden from July 24-27.
TALENTED Royston racer Kieren Clark is set to further his progress by competing at the Snetterton rounds of the Formula Renault UK series this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Clark, 19, said: "I like Snetterton, and had a very good test session there last week, so I'm definitely up for it.
"I start the race from 15th spot, but I am aiming to secure better qualifying places in the two sessions ahead of Sunday's races.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
"I know that's where I need to improve. My races have been good, but it won't hurt to get closer to the front at the start.
"It's been a month since my last race, so I can't wait to get back on track."
As well as rounds 13 and 14 on Sunday, Saturday will see the running of round 10, postponed from a waterlogged Croft weekend.
For more information contact Clark's team at firstname.lastname@example.org