King sets up easy win
STEEPLE Morden had a comfortable win against mid-table rivals Haslingfield in Cambridgeshire Junior League Division 2. On a wicket that gave the bowlers plenty of help, Haslingfield struggled from the start, with Martin Osborne (1-15) and Jack Tidey (2-1
STEEPLE Morden had a comfortable win against mid-table rivals Haslingfield in Cambridgeshire Junior League Division 2.
On a wicket that gave the bowlers plenty of help, Haslingfield struggled from the start, with Martin Osborne (1-15) and Jack Tidey (2-14) limiting their attack.
Richard King also caused problems for the batsmen in the middle of the innings as he took 3-16 from his 10 overs, with Steve Bailey taking 2-14.
Morden's Darren Jarman and Bailey both took stunning catches as Haslingfield finished on 88 off their 38 overs.
You may also want to watch:
However, the difficult wicket still made Haslingfield's modest total a difficult target, as opener Jarman found out when he went for a duck.
But when Bailey was joined at the crease by King, the experienced duo looked in complete control and quickly accelerated the Morden run rate.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Compiling a match-winning partnership before Bailey was bowled for 34, the pair put on 84.
Duncan Warner joined the action late on and he and King (41 not out) guided Morden to an eight-wicket victory.