King sets up easy win
STEEPLE Morden had a comfortable win against mid-table rivals Haslingfield in Cambridgeshire Junior League Division 2. On a wicket that gave the bowlers plenty of help, Haslingfield struggled from the start, with Martin Osborne (1-15) and Jack Tidey (2-1
STEEPLE Morden had a comfortable win against mid-table rivals Haslingfield in Cambridgeshire Junior League Division 2.
On a wicket that gave the bowlers plenty of help, Haslingfield struggled from the start, with Martin Osborne (1-15) and Jack Tidey (2-14) limiting their attack.
Richard King also caused problems for the batsmen in the middle of the innings as he took 3-16 from his 10 overs, with Steve Bailey taking 2-14.
Morden's Darren Jarman and Bailey both took stunning catches as Haslingfield finished on 88 off their 38 overs.
You may also want to watch:
However, the difficult wicket still made Haslingfield's modest total a difficult target, as opener Jarman found out when he went for a duck.
But when Bailey was joined at the crease by King, the experienced duo looked in complete control and quickly accelerated the Morden run rate.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Compiling a match-winning partnership before Bailey was bowled for 34, the pair put on 84.
Duncan Warner joined the action late on and he and King (41 not out) guided Morden to an eight-wicket victory.