King and Knight crowned winners
Pair win last tournament of 2011 at Royston Tennis club
HILARY King and Christine Knight won the final tournament of the year at Royston Tennis Club last Friday.
Twelve players from the club’s morning tennis group took part in a closely fought two-hour tournament, with only three points separating the top four teams. King and Knight were followed by joint runners-up Karin Lambert and Sue Verrall, and Derek Cooper and Kath Kennedy.
All the players joined in a celebration Christmas lunch after the event at the Heath Sports Centre.
The club has enjoyed a successful first year on their new courts and will end 2011 with the club teams winning seven Cambridgeshire League divisional trophies.
You may also want to watch:
Details of next year’s events as well as information on reduced membership rates can be found at www.roystontennis.co.uk.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance