King and Knight crowned winners
Pair win last tournament of 2011 at Royston Tennis club
HILARY King and Christine Knight won the final tournament of the year at Royston Tennis Club last Friday.
Twelve players from the club’s morning tennis group took part in a closely fought two-hour tournament, with only three points separating the top four teams. King and Knight were followed by joint runners-up Karin Lambert and Sue Verrall, and Derek Cooper and Kath Kennedy.
All the players joined in a celebration Christmas lunch after the event at the Heath Sports Centre.
The club has enjoyed a successful first year on their new courts and will end 2011 with the club teams winning seven Cambridgeshire League divisional trophies.
Details of next year’s events as well as information on reduced membership rates can be found at www.roystontennis.co.uk.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages