King and Knight crowned winners
Pair win last tournament of 2011 at Royston Tennis club
HILARY King and Christine Knight won the final tournament of the year at Royston Tennis Club last Friday.
Twelve players from the club’s morning tennis group took part in a closely fought two-hour tournament, with only three points separating the top four teams. King and Knight were followed by joint runners-up Karin Lambert and Sue Verrall, and Derek Cooper and Kath Kennedy.
All the players joined in a celebration Christmas lunch after the event at the Heath Sports Centre.
The club has enjoyed a successful first year on their new courts and will end 2011 with the club teams winning seven Cambridgeshire League divisional trophies.
You may also want to watch:
Details of next year’s events as well as information on reduced membership rates can be found at www.roystontennis.co.uk.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims