Kick in the stomach’ for Clark
JOY quickly turned to despair for Royston s Kieren Clark, who suffered a setback in his latest outing in the Formula Renault BARC series. Clark was in Thruxton for round 11 of the competition, with qualifying immediately before the big race. And it start
JOY quickly turned to despair for Royston's Kieren Clark, who suffered a setback in his latest outing in the Formula Renault BARC series.
Clark was in Thruxton for round 11 of the competition, with qualifying immediately before the big race.
And it started so well for the 18-year-old, who qualified in his highest position of the season after finishing in fourth place with a time only two tenths of a second behind pole position.
However, it was all in vain, because on the green flag lap of the race Clark was forced off the track with no power, and as a result had to sit out with his hopes of a podium finish vanishing with a broken cable.
You may also want to watch:
"I couldn't believe it when the engine died," said a disappointed Clark.
"It's a kick in the stomach for the whole team after doing such a good job in the morning. Now we've just got to look forward to the next race."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Clark returns to action on Saturday, September 29, at Cheshire's Oulton Park track, for what will be his final race of the season.