Kershaw and Rees earn doubles win
Royston Tennis Club round-up
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its Junior Doubles Championship tournament in blistering heat on Saturday.
Euan Rees and partner Ben Place contested a closely-fought final against Edward Kershaw and Gus Rees with the latter pair taking the trophies which were donated by the North Star Pub in Royston.
Meanwhile the club has had a successful start to the Cambridge Winter League with the Ladies’ first team of Della Gibson, Pru Burton, Jen Townsend and Christine Knight beating Great Shelford first team 5-3. The Ladies IIs did not fare so well suffering a 7-1 defeat away to Burwell Is.
The Men’s second team of Erwin Phillips, Roger Maybury, Lee Rogers and Doug Higgins and third team David Addison, Lewis Harley, John Holmes and Neil Addison both had a great start with 6-2 wins at Histon IIs and Saffron Walden IIs respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies’ third team of Ros Godward, Caroline Rees, Yvonne Rogers and Timea Sin lost 7-1 away to Chatteris.
Full details of club matches, times, membership and coaching can be found on the club website www.roystontennis.co.uk.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 8 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches