Kelly puts Rockets on track
RIDERS from Royston Rockets joined more than 200 other competitors for the fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series at Peterborough on Sunday. The Rockets youngest member, Kelly Newall, started the ball rolling earning second place in the B fina
RIDERS from Royston Rockets joined more than 200 other competitors for the fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series at Peterborough on Sunday.
The Rockets' youngest member, Kelly Newall, started the ball rolling earning second place in the B final of the six and under class.
Then, in the seven year class A final, Royston's Josh Peters took the chequered flag followed by team-mates, Ted Dalleywater (4), James King (6) and Marmaduke Birt (7).
Ethan Vernon won in the eight year class, ahead of Daniel Blanche in fourth and Oliver Snelling in sixth.
In the nine-year class, Aaron Dalleywater snatched third place in the A final, before Bradan Blanche earned victory in the B race.
In the A final of the 10-year category, Ethan Lewis finished seventh, one place ahead of Matthew Harris, before Louis Burton took a creditable sixth in the 12- year class.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Aston Blanche then claimed second place and the Rider of the Day award in the 13-year category, before a sixth place finish for Ben Gutteridge in the 14 year class.
In the 16-year class Wayne Gutteridge finished second, just ahead of Royston's sole female competitor Katie Roberts.
In the B final of the combined superclass and 17+ class, Lee Alexander finished third and in the final two classes of the afternoon, Danny Ancell claimed fifth place in the cruiser 30-39 year B final, and Phillip Burton finished third in the 40+ category.
Royston Rockets are next in action on Sunday for the fifth round of the Regional Summer Series at Hayes BMX Club from 9.30am-4.30pm.
For more information about the club visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call 01763 260 959.