Kelly puts Rockets on track
RIDERS from Royston Rockets joined more than 200 other competitors for the fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series at Peterborough on Sunday. The Rockets youngest member, Kelly Newall, started the ball rolling earning second place in the B fina
RIDERS from Royston Rockets joined more than 200 other competitors for the fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series at Peterborough on Sunday.
The Rockets' youngest member, Kelly Newall, started the ball rolling earning second place in the B final of the six and under class.
Then, in the seven year class A final, Royston's Josh Peters took the chequered flag followed by team-mates, Ted Dalleywater (4), James King (6) and Marmaduke Birt (7).
Ethan Vernon won in the eight year class, ahead of Daniel Blanche in fourth and Oliver Snelling in sixth.
You may also want to watch:
In the nine-year class, Aaron Dalleywater snatched third place in the A final, before Bradan Blanche earned victory in the B race.
In the A final of the 10-year category, Ethan Lewis finished seventh, one place ahead of Matthew Harris, before Louis Burton took a creditable sixth in the 12- year class.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Aston Blanche then claimed second place and the Rider of the Day award in the 13-year category, before a sixth place finish for Ben Gutteridge in the 14 year class.
In the 16-year class Wayne Gutteridge finished second, just ahead of Royston's sole female competitor Katie Roberts.
In the B final of the combined superclass and 17+ class, Lee Alexander finished third and in the final two classes of the afternoon, Danny Ancell claimed fifth place in the cruiser 30-39 year B final, and Phillip Burton finished third in the 40+ category.
Royston Rockets are next in action on Sunday for the fifth round of the Regional Summer Series at Hayes BMX Club from 9.30am-4.30pm.
For more information about the club visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call 01763 260 959.