Keeping in shape over the summer
MELBOURN Community Sports Centre is set to hold a summer sports programme that will keep youngsters active over the summer holidays. Graham Johnson-Mack of the centre said: The summer sports programmes are always well received. The children really enjoy
MELBOURN Community Sports Centre is set to hold a summer sports programme that will keep youngsters active over the summer holidays.
Graham Johnson-Mack of the centre said: "The summer sports programmes are always well received. The children really enjoy the sessions.
"We offer those in Melbourn and the surrounding areas the chance to keep active over the summer, and that is important.
"We also offer them the opportunity to try sports that they may not have tried before, particularly our snorkelling sessions.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully they can learn new skills and maybe take up some new sports."
The centre will be holding a number of week long programmes and crash courses.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
A swimming course will take place on July 23 and 30, and August 6, 13, and 20.
A week-long snorkelling programme will run from July 23-27, and there will also be trampolining, tennis, football, basketball, and cricket running throughout.
The centre's summer pentathlon will also run from July 23-27, August 6-10, and from August 20-24.
A children's play scheme will take place from July 30- August 3, and August 13-17.
Graham added: "It looks like it will be a fun-filled summer with something for everyone."
- For more information contact the centre on 01763 263313, or visit the website www.mc-sport.co.uk