Kealy the hero with seven-wicket haul
Foxton run out winners against Wisbech
Tucker Gardner Premier Div 1
Foxton 89 (31 overs)
Wisbech 81 (36.3 overs)
Foxton won by eight runs
You may also want to watch:
AUSSIE Andrew Kealy was the star in Foxton’s first victory of the new season as his impressive bowling display (15.3-6-18-7) routed the Wisbech batting and assisted the home side to a maximum 25-point haul.
Foxton batted first and on the damp surface they found it difficult to get runs on the board. As a result only four players managed to reach double figures – Sharne Grant (13), Max Bowen (14), Chris Pepper (24) and Thomas Stone (14). After only 31 overs Foxton were dismissed for 89 – a total that seemed 40 short of a par score.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Top bowler for Wisbech was skipper Williams with 4-27, with three each for Brown and Hastings.
However, in reply, Wisbech just couldn’t get to grips with Kealy, who took his first wicket in the first over after tea. He went on to take six more wickets in an outstanding performance that only conceded 18 runs as Wisbech were bowled out for 81.
Next week Foxton visit last season’s league winners Ramsey, while the second team entertain Barley IIs.