Kealy the hero with seven-wicket haul
Foxton run out winners against Wisbech
Tucker Gardner Premier Div 1
Foxton 89 (31 overs)
Wisbech 81 (36.3 overs)
Foxton won by eight runs
You may also want to watch:
AUSSIE Andrew Kealy was the star in Foxton’s first victory of the new season as his impressive bowling display (15.3-6-18-7) routed the Wisbech batting and assisted the home side to a maximum 25-point haul.
Foxton batted first and on the damp surface they found it difficult to get runs on the board. As a result only four players managed to reach double figures – Sharne Grant (13), Max Bowen (14), Chris Pepper (24) and Thomas Stone (14). After only 31 overs Foxton were dismissed for 89 – a total that seemed 40 short of a par score.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Top bowler for Wisbech was skipper Williams with 4-27, with three each for Brown and Hastings.
However, in reply, Wisbech just couldn’t get to grips with Kealy, who took his first wicket in the first over after tea. He went on to take six more wickets in an outstanding performance that only conceded 18 runs as Wisbech were bowled out for 81.
Next week Foxton visit last season’s league winners Ramsey, while the second team entertain Barley IIs.