Kealy the hero with seven-wicket haul
Foxton run out winners against Wisbech
Tucker Gardner Premier Div 1
Foxton 89 (31 overs)
Wisbech 81 (36.3 overs)
Foxton won by eight runs
AUSSIE Andrew Kealy was the star in Foxton’s first victory of the new season as his impressive bowling display (15.3-6-18-7) routed the Wisbech batting and assisted the home side to a maximum 25-point haul.
Foxton batted first and on the damp surface they found it difficult to get runs on the board. As a result only four players managed to reach double figures – Sharne Grant (13), Max Bowen (14), Chris Pepper (24) and Thomas Stone (14). After only 31 overs Foxton were dismissed for 89 – a total that seemed 40 short of a par score.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Top bowler for Wisbech was skipper Williams with 4-27, with three each for Brown and Hastings.
However, in reply, Wisbech just couldn’t get to grips with Kealy, who took his first wicket in the first over after tea. He went on to take six more wickets in an outstanding performance that only conceded 18 runs as Wisbech were bowled out for 81.
Next week Foxton visit last season’s league winners Ramsey, while the second team entertain Barley IIs.