Karen books her place in winners final
KAREN Pearson secured her first medal win at Royston Golf Club on Saturday (December 9). Playing in bright but blustery conditions she led the field and now qualifies for the Medal Winners Final, next year. Alice Lewis was second, ahead of Joan Smith. T
KAREN Pearson secured her first medal win at Royston Golf Club on Saturday (December 9).
Playing in bright but blustery conditions she led the field and now qualifies for the Medal Winners Final, next year.
Alice Lewis was second, ahead of Joan Smith.
The juniors held their December Medal and found the conditions tough.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Trimble came out on top, shooting a gross 74, nett 70 to beat past junior captain Oli Bance (3) and current junior captain Tom Smith (9) into second and third places.
In a busy week of events at the club, Eddie Collins continued his winning streak.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
First he won the Midweek Golfers Stableford with 41 points and then won the Saturday Stableford with 38 points, which has seen his handicap trimmed to 11.
Keith Wood was runner-up in the midweek with 38 points, just ahead of Jim Hopkins.
On Saturday, Graham Richardson finished second with 38 and Stuart Phillips third with 35.
Emma Logan and Barry Buckerfield won the Mixed Centenary Foursomes from a large field of players, capping a remarkable end to Logan's first season at the club, having already won her first medal and the Turkey Trot.
The cold wind did not deter a field of more than 80 men, who played in the fourball betterball on Sunday morning, and it was Bill Sandford and Guy Nankivell who finished on top with a creditable 40 points.
Runners-up on countback were Barry Buckerfield and former captain Barry Rouse, who just edged out Malcolm Haynes and Dave Millership.