Karate tournament proves a success
THE Kamaete Schools of Traditional Shotokan Karate (KSTSK) held their fifth annual tournament at Wodson Park Sports Centre in Ware recently.
Members representing nine clubs from around Herts and Beds put on a marvellous display of Karate and spirit in Kumite (sparring) and Kata (Formal Sequence). Friends and families showed their support as they cheered on everyone throughout the day. Events covered all ages, from age six-seven Kata, through teenager categories to Black Belt Kata and Kumite.
The popular Family Team (synchronised) Kata event, proved a huge success again with twenty teams coming forward.
The high standard and support across all events was noted by Chief Instructors (Sensei) Rakesh Patel and Peter Khera. Having recently launched their unique KSTSK syllabus in a DVD box set, it was clear that students had put in the extra effort and practice outside of their regular classes.
The day started with the junior Kata events. All three Kata arenas started simultaneously and ran through to the finals where upon completion, the presentation of first, second and third place trophies were made as well the unique KSTSK competitor medals for everyone who took part.
Sensei Peter Khera, who teaches at Royston, said: “There was a particularly high standard of competition Karate this year, especially from the juniors. Their Karate discipline and etiquette was excellent.”
Medal and trophy winners from Royston were: Max Brightman, Andrew Faye, Alicia Frame, Lewis Frame, Gregg Hills, Arjun Khera, Kareina Khera, Alex Lione, Richard Lione Sam Sherwin and Mawgan Vater.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
KSTSK are running beginners classes on Sunday mornings at Royston Leisure Centre (FREE trial session), please contact 01462 734960 or visit www.kstsk.co.uk for details.