Just brilliant, says Foulger, as ladies stay up
Haringey Borough Ladies 0 Royston Town Ladies 3 ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season. They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal dif
Haringey Borough Ladies 0
Royston Town Ladies 3
ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season.
They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal difference and avoid a relegation play-off next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It was Boro, however, who started out the strongest, but some solid defending from Victoria Foulger, Amy Barlow, Marie Miller and Laura Jones, Haringey's attack was kept under wraps.
Gradually Royston's midfield began to see more of the ball with Jody Scott and Laura Foulger using it well.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
And after 22 minutes it was Town striker Caroline Lambert who made the difference with a spectacular 25-yard effort.
Five minutes later, Lambert's strike partner Emma Chaffey doubled the lead with a fine left-foot shot.
Moments before half-time Lambert pounced to grab her second and effectively killed the game.
After the break Royston keeper Amy Walker made two good saves.
Royston manager Kevin Foulger said: "If we'd have played like this all season we wouldn't have been relegation candidates. They were brilliant today, it was a real team performance against good opponents.