Just brilliant, says Foulger, as ladies stay up
Haringey Borough Ladies 0 Royston Town Ladies 3 ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season. They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal dif
Haringey Borough Ladies 0
Royston Town Ladies 3
ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season.
They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal difference and avoid a relegation play-off next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It was Boro, however, who started out the strongest, but some solid defending from Victoria Foulger, Amy Barlow, Marie Miller and Laura Jones, Haringey's attack was kept under wraps.
Gradually Royston's midfield began to see more of the ball with Jody Scott and Laura Foulger using it well.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
And after 22 minutes it was Town striker Caroline Lambert who made the difference with a spectacular 25-yard effort.
Five minutes later, Lambert's strike partner Emma Chaffey doubled the lead with a fine left-foot shot.
Moments before half-time Lambert pounced to grab her second and effectively killed the game.
After the break Royston keeper Amy Walker made two good saves.
Royston manager Kevin Foulger said: "If we'd have played like this all season we wouldn't have been relegation candidates. They were brilliant today, it was a real team performance against good opponents.