Just brilliant, says Foulger, as ladies stay up
Haringey Borough Ladies 0 Royston Town Ladies 3 ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season. They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal dif
Haringey Borough Ladies 0
Royston Town Ladies 3
ROYSTON Town Ladies avoided relegation and preserved their Premier Division status in their last game of the season.
They went into the game knowing that a win would put them ahead of Fakenham on goal difference and avoid a relegation play-off next weekend.
It was Boro, however, who started out the strongest, but some solid defending from Victoria Foulger, Amy Barlow, Marie Miller and Laura Jones, Haringey's attack was kept under wraps.
Gradually Royston's midfield began to see more of the ball with Jody Scott and Laura Foulger using it well.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
And after 22 minutes it was Town striker Caroline Lambert who made the difference with a spectacular 25-yard effort.
Five minutes later, Lambert's strike partner Emma Chaffey doubled the lead with a fine left-foot shot.
Moments before half-time Lambert pounced to grab her second and effectively killed the game.
After the break Royston keeper Amy Walker made two good saves.
Royston manager Kevin Foulger said: "If we'd have played like this all season we wouldn't have been relegation candidates. They were brilliant today, it was a real team performance against good opponents.