Juniors on the road
Royston took a mixed squad of 18 under-15 and under-16s to Cambridge on Sunday for the Cambridgeshire Cup, One of the players, Shane Hume, only took up the sport last month for the first time, while another, Jonathan Davies, was carrying a shoulder injur
Royston took a mixed squad of 18 under-15 and under-16s to Cambridge on Sunday for the Cambridgeshire Cup,
One of the players, Shane Hume, only took up the sport last month for the first time, while another, Jonathan Davies, was carrying a shoulder injury.
The props were both 14-year olds, but Max Harradence had a solid game in the tight and the loose, and Leon Rigaut played well on the loose head, despite being a specialist tight head.
Royston lost three games against strong opposition, Huntingdon 5-0, St Ives 17-0, and Cambridge 14-0, but were never disgraced.
You may also want to watch:
As in the previous game against Hitchin, Alex Harwood gave a man-of-the-match display of superb tackling, pushed close by Adam Oakman at fly half, who caused the opposition problems in attack and defence.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge