Juniors are on song at tournament
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament – with a number of pupils shining. More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience. Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: Several of these junior
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament - with a number of pupils shining.
More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience.
Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: "Several of these juniors have not fought in a tournament before and they all did very well.
"There was one particular contest where we had extra time. It was very exciting with the first person to score the winner.
"Callum Irons won after executing a perfect Ippon throw in about 15 seconds. Callum did not win either a gold or silver medal, but was awarded a special medal for his efforts."
Alex Macdonald and Russell Holway, two of the older juniors, were also awarded club refereeing certificates after gaining valuable experience for their junior coach awards.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Klein said: "It was a great tournament and the youngsters did really well. They're a talented group.