Juniors are on song at tournament
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament – with a number of pupils shining. More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience. Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: Several of these junior
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament - with a number of pupils shining.
More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience.
Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: "Several of these juniors have not fought in a tournament before and they all did very well.
"There was one particular contest where we had extra time. It was very exciting with the first person to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
"Callum Irons won after executing a perfect Ippon throw in about 15 seconds. Callum did not win either a gold or silver medal, but was awarded a special medal for his efforts."
Alex Macdonald and Russell Holway, two of the older juniors, were also awarded club refereeing certificates after gaining valuable experience for their junior coach awards.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Klein said: "It was a great tournament and the youngsters did really well. They're a talented group.