Juniors are on song at tournament
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament – with a number of pupils shining. More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience. Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: Several of these junior
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club held a successful annual tournament - with a number of pupils shining.
More than 40 juniors took part, split into seven groups, based on size, age and experience.
Geoff Klein of Bassingbourn Judo Club said: "Several of these juniors have not fought in a tournament before and they all did very well.
"There was one particular contest where we had extra time. It was very exciting with the first person to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
"Callum Irons won after executing a perfect Ippon throw in about 15 seconds. Callum did not win either a gold or silver medal, but was awarded a special medal for his efforts."
Alex Macdonald and Russell Holway, two of the older juniors, were also awarded club refereeing certificates after gaining valuable experience for their junior coach awards.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Klein said: "It was a great tournament and the youngsters did really well. They're a talented group.