Juniors and Seniors take a half each
JUNIOR captain Greg Fyson arranged a strong team on the occasion of the annual match against the seniors on Friday at Royston Golf Club. The weather was calm and dry and both teams enjoyed the morning s competition which came to a climax with a nail bitin
JUNIOR captain Greg Fyson arranged a strong team on the occasion of the annual match against the seniors on Friday at Royston Golf Club.
The weather was calm and dry and both teams enjoyed the morning's competition which came to a climax with a nail biting wait for the last group to announce their score, which resulted in both teams taking a satisfactory half.
The seniors also played the gentlemen of Royston Golf Club on Wednesday, with 44 players participating. The new senior captain Stuart Knight led his troops well but unfortunately lost the last match to lose six matches to five.
Club captain Colin Swallow led his fellow left-handers in an inaugural match against right-handers.
You may also want to watch:
Despite his rousing team talk, his players were comfortably beaten and only halved one match.
Saturday Stableford: David Bidwell 41 points, Steve Thomas 40, Peter Rutter 39, James Kidd and Graham Richardson 38.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside