Junior Success at Royston Golf Club
SEAN Clark s Junior Academy, based at Royston Golf Club, has held its annual awards and presentation ceremony with prizes being handed out to the best young golfers. Over the past six years more than 300 junior golfers have participated in the academy and
SEAN Clark's Junior Academy, based at Royston Golf Club, has held its annual awards and presentation ceremony with prizes being handed out to the best young golfers.
Over the past six years more than 300 junior golfers have participated in the academy and some have gone on to further success by representing the county in junior golf.
Despite the poor weather, many of the current players turned out to see who had taken the honours at this year's event.
Club captain Sid Seward was on hand to present the certificates and trophies to the young achievers.
Matthew Bailey won the rookie skills challenge and Charlie Hoyle the Tour section.
The most improved cadet prize was awarded to Oscar Carter and the prestigious award for All Round Cadet went to Max Crane.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Clark and Jack Yetton, both PGA Professionals at Royston Golf Club, will be offering free juniors lessons in the spring as part of their aim to give every child the opportunity to try golf.
Royston Golf Club will also be supporting the initiative.
The club will be offering special membership deals for juniors players from May 2010 with help also available from the County Golf Partnership.