Junior Success at Royston Golf Club
SEAN Clark s Junior Academy, based at Royston Golf Club, has held its annual awards and presentation ceremony with prizes being handed out to the best young golfers. Over the past six years more than 300 junior golfers have participated in the academy and
SEAN Clark's Junior Academy, based at Royston Golf Club, has held its annual awards and presentation ceremony with prizes being handed out to the best young golfers.
Over the past six years more than 300 junior golfers have participated in the academy and some have gone on to further success by representing the county in junior golf.
Despite the poor weather, many of the current players turned out to see who had taken the honours at this year's event.
Club captain Sid Seward was on hand to present the certificates and trophies to the young achievers.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Bailey won the rookie skills challenge and Charlie Hoyle the Tour section.
The most improved cadet prize was awarded to Oscar Carter and the prestigious award for All Round Cadet went to Max Crane.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
Clark and Jack Yetton, both PGA Professionals at Royston Golf Club, will be offering free juniors lessons in the spring as part of their aim to give every child the opportunity to try golf.
Royston Golf Club will also be supporting the initiative.
The club will be offering special membership deals for juniors players from May 2010 with help also available from the County Golf Partnership.