Junior Open Day at Royston Hockey Club
Youngsters invited to try out hockey at Meridian School
ROYSTON Hockey Club is holding a free Junior Open Day on Sunday, December 12 to try and get more youngsters interested in taking up the sport.
The session will take place on the astro pitch at Meridian School and will be organised by CRB-checked coaches in a safe environment and is for all children from Year 3 upwards.
It will run for two hours between 1-3pm but will be broken up into two one-hour sessions. Parents will be provided with a free hot drink and a mince pie and hot dog to help stave off the cold.
Affiliated to England Hockey, the club has created a fantastic youth development scheme headed up by our men’s club captain and youth development officer, Bob Biddlecombe and his team of coaches will let your child experience the great fun of playing in a team sport. They will be shown how to use a hockey stick while parents can chat with officers of the club over a hot drink in the pavilion and marquee next to the pitch.
Children will need to turn up in normal sports kit with good trainers, a drink, a pair of shin pads and a mouth guard if possible. Bibs and sticks will be provided.
If you’re interested please pre-register by e-mailing Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01763 249145. Further sessions are planned for after Christmas.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
If you want to find out more about Royston Hockey Club then have a look at our web site on www.roystonhc.co.uk, or ring club president, Colin Smith, on 01763 250982.