Junior Open Day at Royston Hockey Club
Youngsters invited to try out hockey at Meridian School
ROYSTON Hockey Club is holding a free Junior Open Day on Sunday, December 12 to try and get more youngsters interested in taking up the sport.
The session will take place on the astro pitch at Meridian School and will be organised by CRB-checked coaches in a safe environment and is for all children from Year 3 upwards.
It will run for two hours between 1-3pm but will be broken up into two one-hour sessions. Parents will be provided with a free hot drink and a mince pie and hot dog to help stave off the cold.
Affiliated to England Hockey, the club has created a fantastic youth development scheme headed up by our men’s club captain and youth development officer, Bob Biddlecombe and his team of coaches will let your child experience the great fun of playing in a team sport. They will be shown how to use a hockey stick while parents can chat with officers of the club over a hot drink in the pavilion and marquee next to the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
Children will need to turn up in normal sports kit with good trainers, a drink, a pair of shin pads and a mouth guard if possible. Bibs and sticks will be provided.
If you’re interested please pre-register by e-mailing Bob at email@example.com or telephone on 01763 249145. Further sessions are planned for after Christmas.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
If you want to find out more about Royston Hockey Club then have a look at our web site on www.roystonhc.co.uk, or ring club president, Colin Smith, on 01763 250982.