Judo club saved from oblivion
Husband and wife step in at 11th hour to save JM Judo Club
JOHN MASSMANN Judo Club has been saved at the 11th hour after initial fears that it would go out of existence.
After 26 years of coaching their sport of Judo, John and June Massmann have both retired from the Chief Instructors role at JM Judo Club meaning the club, which has brought through five national title winners and even a Commonwealth bronze medal winner, could have been forced to close down due to flagging membership numbers.
However, husband and wife Danny (fourth Dan) and Samantha Anderson (first Kyu) will now take over the instruction and coaching at the club, thus allowing the club to continue running.
Danny has been a major figure in Judo, recently finishing in fifth position at the World Masters competition, so his abilities are unquestionable.
You may also want to watch:
John and June Massmann will continue to attend and help the restructuring of the club, and aid the introduction of new junior and senior members alike.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station