Judo club saved from oblivion
Husband and wife step in at 11th hour to save JM Judo Club
JOHN MASSMANN Judo Club has been saved at the 11th hour after initial fears that it would go out of existence.
After 26 years of coaching their sport of Judo, John and June Massmann have both retired from the Chief Instructors role at JM Judo Club meaning the club, which has brought through five national title winners and even a Commonwealth bronze medal winner, could have been forced to close down due to flagging membership numbers.
However, husband and wife Danny (fourth Dan) and Samantha Anderson (first Kyu) will now take over the instruction and coaching at the club, thus allowing the club to continue running.
Danny has been a major figure in Judo, recently finishing in fifth position at the World Masters competition, so his abilities are unquestionable.
You may also want to watch:
John and June Massmann will continue to attend and help the restructuring of the club, and aid the introduction of new junior and senior members alike.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes