Jordan sends Templars on their way to victory
Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 6 Bishop s Stortford Blues 2 BALDOCK got off to the best of starts when Jordan Massey opened the scoring in the third minute. It looked like they would double the lead a couple of minutes later when a Daniel Nicholson cro
Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 6 Bishop's Stortford Blues 2
BALDOCK got off to the best of starts when Jordan Massey opened the scoring in the third minute.
It looked like they would double the lead a couple of minutes later when a Daniel Nicholson cross was met by Mark Rogers, but his shot was well saved by the Blues goalie.
Within 10 minutes it was 2-0, this time William Budd setting up Massey for his second. The two-goal lead was short lived though as Stortford hit back within a minute with a goal of their own.
George Higginson made it 3-1 to Baldock, following in as a Matthew Judges shot was deflected, but again Stortford came back to make it 3-2 at half time.
Baldock were much better in the second half. Sam Kendle, Corey Rodgers, Oliver Foster and Ryan Savage defended much better leaving keeper Alex Taylor with little to do as they shut the Blues out.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
After a string of chances Baldock extended the lead halfway through the second half, a Judges throw in collected by Massey and a great strike for his hat-trick.
Then Judges and Massey combined again, after some good play down the wing by Nicholson, Judges cross well met by Massey for his fourth and Baldock's fifth Judges provided yet another goal assist, as he sent in a great free kick for Nicholson to score Baldock's sixth in the last minute.