Jordan sends Templars on their way to victory
Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 6 Bishop s Stortford Blues 2 BALDOCK got off to the best of starts when Jordan Massey opened the scoring in the third minute. It looked like they would double the lead a couple of minutes later when a Daniel Nicholson cro
Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 6 Bishop's Stortford Blues 2
BALDOCK got off to the best of starts when Jordan Massey opened the scoring in the third minute.
It looked like they would double the lead a couple of minutes later when a Daniel Nicholson cross was met by Mark Rogers, but his shot was well saved by the Blues goalie.
Within 10 minutes it was 2-0, this time William Budd setting up Massey for his second. The two-goal lead was short lived though as Stortford hit back within a minute with a goal of their own.
You may also want to watch:
George Higginson made it 3-1 to Baldock, following in as a Matthew Judges shot was deflected, but again Stortford came back to make it 3-2 at half time.
Baldock were much better in the second half. Sam Kendle, Corey Rodgers, Oliver Foster and Ryan Savage defended much better leaving keeper Alex Taylor with little to do as they shut the Blues out.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
After a string of chances Baldock extended the lead halfway through the second half, a Judges throw in collected by Massey and a great strike for his hat-trick.
Then Judges and Massey combined again, after some good play down the wing by Nicholson, Judges cross well met by Massey for his fourth and Baldock's fifth Judges provided yet another goal assist, as he sent in a great free kick for Nicholson to score Baldock's sixth in the last minute.