Jonas on song as Celtic bag double over Pin Green
THE Royston Celtics under-10s recorded two impressive wins on Sunday and saw off their Pin Green opposition with a flurry of goals. Royston Celtic A won 5-1 with Richard Jonas notching his first Celtic hat-trick, and in sparkling form throughout. After
THE Royston Celtics under-10s recorded two impressive wins on Sunday and saw off their Pin Green opposition with a flurry of goals.
Royston Celtic A won 5-1 with Richard Jonas notching his first Celtic hat-trick, and in sparkling form throughout.
After a near miss in the opening few minutes, Jonas responded well with a cool finish that left the Pin Green keeper with no chance.
At the end of the half Eamon Henderson kept Royston in the lead after being forced to make a number of key interventions to deny the visitors an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
After the restart, a long-range Jonas effort sailed into the Pin Green net, with Henderson forcing goal number three moments later.
Pin Green managed to nab a consolation, before Jonas surged forward to complete his hat-trick with another well-taken finish.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Callum Pinner completed the rout when his strike made it 5-1.
Elsewhere, Royston Celtic B dismissed Pin Green's chances with a fine display that resulted with four goals.
In another exciting game, Edward Atkinson found the back of the net early on striking home a rebound.
Royston pushed on and were rewarded when Matthew Cudmore pounced for Celtic's second just before half time.
Jimi Smith ran Pin Green ragged, and his hard working performance was capped with another well-worked finish 10 minutes into the half.
A goalmouth scramble led to Royston's fourth after some good work from Brandon Hargreaves.
Tom McGlynn took advantage of the mix-up and his intelligent strike made it 4-0.