Jonas on song as Celtic bag double over Pin Green
THE Royston Celtics under-10s recorded two impressive wins on Sunday and saw off their Pin Green opposition with a flurry of goals. Royston Celtic A won 5-1 with Richard Jonas notching his first Celtic hat-trick, and in sparkling form throughout. After
THE Royston Celtics under-10s recorded two impressive wins on Sunday and saw off their Pin Green opposition with a flurry of goals.
Royston Celtic A won 5-1 with Richard Jonas notching his first Celtic hat-trick, and in sparkling form throughout.
After a near miss in the opening few minutes, Jonas responded well with a cool finish that left the Pin Green keeper with no chance.
At the end of the half Eamon Henderson kept Royston in the lead after being forced to make a number of key interventions to deny the visitors an equaliser.
After the restart, a long-range Jonas effort sailed into the Pin Green net, with Henderson forcing goal number three moments later.
Pin Green managed to nab a consolation, before Jonas surged forward to complete his hat-trick with another well-taken finish.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Callum Pinner completed the rout when his strike made it 5-1.
Elsewhere, Royston Celtic B dismissed Pin Green's chances with a fine display that resulted with four goals.
In another exciting game, Edward Atkinson found the back of the net early on striking home a rebound.
Royston pushed on and were rewarded when Matthew Cudmore pounced for Celtic's second just before half time.
Jimi Smith ran Pin Green ragged, and his hard working performance was capped with another well-worked finish 10 minutes into the half.
A goalmouth scramble led to Royston's fourth after some good work from Brandon Hargreaves.
Tom McGlynn took advantage of the mix-up and his intelligent strike made it 4-0.