Jolly Boys laughing all the way to a five-star win
Cambridge Cosmos Reserves 1 Edward Jolly Boys 5 VB Trophies Cambridge Sunday League Division 2B THE Jolly Boys returned to action after a month to record their fifth league win of what is turning out to be another excellent season. The lay-off though seem
Cambridge Cosmos Reserves 1 Edward Jolly Boys 5
VB Trophies Cambridge Sunday League Division 2B
THE Jolly Boys returned to action after a month to record their fifth league win of what is turning out to be another excellent season.
The lay-off though seemed to have taken its toll on the Guilden Morden team as they started the game looking very ring rusty and in truth Cosmos should have taken the lead as early as the second minute.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper David Fallon stood firm, however, and within half an hour the Jollies were in front after a real mix up between the Cosmos 'keeper and defender left the goal gaping for Gary Radford to slot the ball home from 20 yards.
This seemed to galvanise Cosmos and they controlled the rest of the first half equalising just before the break after a smart piece of play.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
After some harsh words at half time the Jolly Boys restarted the game at their normal tempo and quickly scored two goals to dampen the home side's spirit.
A deep cross from Liam Butler was headed in at the far post for Radford's second then top scorer Steve McGee pounced in the box to make it 3-1.
Kieran Butler's strong run and finish made it four and it was left for substitutes Paul Gibson and Craig Ellis to wrap up proceedings when the pair combined and Ellis' cross cum shot looped over the home side's 'keeper to complete the scoring.
Next up for the Jolly Boys will be continuing their defence of the Cambs FA Millennium Trophy in a quarter-final match away to Elmdon.
Jolly Boys: Fallon, Knight, Bramwell, Lombari, Usher, Saward, L Butler (Ellis), Easter, McGee, K Butler (Gibson), Radford.