Jody signs off with a win
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0 IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory. The early exchanges favoured the U s with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0
IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory.
The early exchanges favoured the U's with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston defence.
However, Royston gradually got into their stride with Laura Foulger dominating the midfield. And the hosts' pressure nearly paid dividends when a series of corners created good opportunities for both Claire Ratty and Jody Scott to give Royston the lead.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the home side began to dominate possession with Sophie Boval leading the line and Scott switching from the back four to support the Royston attack.
And they got their breakthrough when Laura Foulger's surging run released Emma Chaffey, who chipped the ball over the advancing U's keeper.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
Then excellent defending by skipper Vicky Foulger and two great saves from keeper Amy Walker secured all three points for Royston.
- After 11 years with the club Sunday's victory was the last for Jody Scott who is moving north where she will join Coventry City Ladies.
Town's manager Kevin Foulger said: "Jody is a quality player who always gives 100 per cent - she will be missed.