Jody signs off with a win
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0 IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory. The early exchanges favoured the U s with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0
IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory.
The early exchanges favoured the U's with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston defence.
However, Royston gradually got into their stride with Laura Foulger dominating the midfield. And the hosts' pressure nearly paid dividends when a series of corners created good opportunities for both Claire Ratty and Jody Scott to give Royston the lead.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the home side began to dominate possession with Sophie Boval leading the line and Scott switching from the back four to support the Royston attack.
And they got their breakthrough when Laura Foulger's surging run released Emma Chaffey, who chipped the ball over the advancing U's keeper.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Then excellent defending by skipper Vicky Foulger and two great saves from keeper Amy Walker secured all three points for Royston.
- After 11 years with the club Sunday's victory was the last for Jody Scott who is moving north where she will join Coventry City Ladies.
Town's manager Kevin Foulger said: "Jody is a quality player who always gives 100 per cent - she will be missed.