Jody signs off with a win
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0 IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory. The early exchanges favoured the U s with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston
Royston Town Ladies 1 Cambridge Utd 0
IN a closely contested game between the two derby rivals, Town managed to secure an important victory.
The early exchanges favoured the U's with the pace of their attack providing some anxious moments for the Royston defence.
However, Royston gradually got into their stride with Laura Foulger dominating the midfield. And the hosts' pressure nearly paid dividends when a series of corners created good opportunities for both Claire Ratty and Jody Scott to give Royston the lead.
In the second half the home side began to dominate possession with Sophie Boval leading the line and Scott switching from the back four to support the Royston attack.
And they got their breakthrough when Laura Foulger's surging run released Emma Chaffey, who chipped the ball over the advancing U's keeper.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Then excellent defending by skipper Vicky Foulger and two great saves from keeper Amy Walker secured all three points for Royston.
- After 11 years with the club Sunday's victory was the last for Jody Scott who is moving north where she will join Coventry City Ladies.
Town's manager Kevin Foulger said: "Jody is a quality player who always gives 100 per cent - she will be missed.