JM win through after Villa battle
JM Sports Res 3 Ashdon Villa 2 AFTER last week s stroll in the park, JM Sports found life much more difficult against the previously unbeaten Ashdon Villa. With regular keeper Neil Pinner sidelined, stand-in Nick Grobellar performed heroics to ensure th
JM Sports Res 3 Ashdon Villa 2
AFTER last week's stroll in the park, JM Sports found life much more difficult against the previously unbeaten Ashdon Villa.
With regular keeper Neil Pinner sidelined, stand-in Nick Grobellar performed heroics to ensure three valuable points for the home side.
After an evenly matched first half, the action really started on the hour mark when the referee gave a much debated penalty in Ashdon's favour. However, Grobellar proved more than a match for their penalty taker to produce a stunning save.
You may also want to watch:
It was a stop that seemed to spur his team mates on and when JM skipper Craig Wood's clever through ball was met by Paul Whiffin the hosts were in front.
And that goal was followed by another when Steve Williams pounced for his third goal in two games.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
JM made it 3-0 when Ian McCann played Whiffin through, with the forward replying once more with another accurate finish.
With 10 minutes to, Ashdon looked dead and buried, until a miscued clearance from Steve Laughlin allowed an Ashdon midfielder to blast home from 20 yards.
And after mounting a late onslaught the visitors nabbed one more, with man-of-the-match Jordan Wilson and Mark King working hard to keep out an equaliser.