JM show six appeal with easy victory
Unison 1 Johnson Matthey XPO 6 XPO showed six appeal as they swept aside a stubborn Unison side at Netherall on Sunday. The visitors took a while to get out of first gear, going through the motions as the early stages saw the two sides looking fairly even
Unison 1 Johnson Matthey XPO 6
XPO showed six appeal as they swept aside a stubborn Unison side at Netherall on Sunday.
The visitors took a while to get out of first gear, going through the motions as the early stages saw the two sides looking fairly even.
As XPO upped the tempo and began to knock the ball around better Unison were happy to play on the break and caused one or two alarms after errors from XPO in giving the ball away cheaply but debutant Kimsey was never forced to make a save.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Emmett and Poulter were beginning to see more of the ball up top as Galvin and Jordan Herd began to dominate the midfield.
After creating several openings and hitting the post XPO finally opened the scoring five minutes before half-time as Galvin found Poulter with a lovely ball and the big man found the back of the net with ease.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Unison's heads seemed to drop a little after their hard work and another good move saw Emmett lash home into the roof of the net for his first of the season and send XPO two-up at the half.
Within seconds of the re-start the visitors went 3-0 up as a long clearance by Kimsey set Emmett through on goal and he easily finished with a nice lob over the keeper.
Kimsey was again the provider as Purkiss this time latched on to a through ball and duly tucked home for 4-0.
Unison were able to pull back a consolation as XPO were caught out on the break but the response was almost immediate as Emmett completed his hat-trick.
Substitute Matt Ralph completed the scoring with his first goal of his career after a mazy 60 yard run ended with a blistering effort that soared into the corner of the net.