JM show six appeal with easy victory
Unison 1 Johnson Matthey XPO 6 XPO showed six appeal as they swept aside a stubborn Unison side at Netherall on Sunday. The visitors took a while to get out of first gear, going through the motions as the early stages saw the two sides looking fairly even
Unison 1 Johnson Matthey XPO 6
XPO showed six appeal as they swept aside a stubborn Unison side at Netherall on Sunday.
The visitors took a while to get out of first gear, going through the motions as the early stages saw the two sides looking fairly even.
As XPO upped the tempo and began to knock the ball around better Unison were happy to play on the break and caused one or two alarms after errors from XPO in giving the ball away cheaply but debutant Kimsey was never forced to make a save.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Emmett and Poulter were beginning to see more of the ball up top as Galvin and Jordan Herd began to dominate the midfield.
After creating several openings and hitting the post XPO finally opened the scoring five minutes before half-time as Galvin found Poulter with a lovely ball and the big man found the back of the net with ease.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Unison's heads seemed to drop a little after their hard work and another good move saw Emmett lash home into the roof of the net for his first of the season and send XPO two-up at the half.
Within seconds of the re-start the visitors went 3-0 up as a long clearance by Kimsey set Emmett through on goal and he easily finished with a nice lob over the keeper.
Kimsey was again the provider as Purkiss this time latched on to a through ball and duly tucked home for 4-0.
Unison were able to pull back a consolation as XPO were caught out on the break but the response was almost immediate as Emmett completed his hat-trick.
Substitute Matt Ralph completed the scoring with his first goal of his career after a mazy 60 yard run ended with a blistering effort that soared into the corner of the net.