Jarvis wins angling event
The third Royston and District Angling Club s Evening Match of the season was won by junior bailiff Ryan Jarvis with a catch of 16 lbs 2 oz. Kelvin Stanford came second with 12 lbs 1 oz and Steve McGuire was third with 8 lbs 4 oz. The final evening match
The third Royston and District Angling Club's Evening Match of the season was won by junior bailiff Ryan Jarvis with a catch of 16 lbs 2 oz.
Kelvin Stanford came second with 12 lbs 1 oz and Steve McGuire was third with 8 lbs 4 oz.
The final evening match will be on Friday, July 31. With only six points covering the first four places, the series remains wide open.
The second P.C. match of the season was fished in conjunction with Eternit A.C. and Rugby Cement A.C. at Eternit's Orchard Lake.
You may also want to watch:
The winner was Andrea Wright (Royston and Rugby) with 10 lbs 14 oz. Second was Jamie McGuire (Royston) with 7 lbs with Ian Palmer (Rugby) coming third with 6 lbs 4 oz.
The first Beginners' Day will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday, July 25, from 10am-5pm. This is open to anyone who wants to have a go at fishing. Tackle and bait can be provided free of charge if required.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Call Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.