Jarman, 62, is in charge for Morden
SIXTY-TWO year old Graham Jarman was the star of the show as Steeple Morden claimed a five-wicket 2SA league victory over Comberton. Bowling first, Steeple s Steve Bailey made an early breakthrough when he forced a great catch from wicket keeper Sean Tid
SIXTY-TWO year old Graham Jarman was the star of the show as Steeple Morden claimed a five-wicket 2SA league victory over Comberton.
Bowling first, Steeple's Steve Bailey made an early breakthrough when he forced a great catch from wicket keeper Sean Tidey.
Bailey 1-11 and Jack Tidey 0-15, were then replaced by Martin Osborne and Jarman, with Comberton in little trouble reaching 48-1.
But, Jarman showed all his experience and went to work on the Comberton order and in the space of 5.2 overs he took eight wickets, conceded only two runs, and clean bowled six batsmen.
You may also want to watch:
The veteran finished with figures of five maidens, 11 runs, and eight wickets, with Comberton losing their last nine wickets in eight overs.
In reply, Steeple got off to a bad start by losing an early wicket, but 12-year-old Sean Tidey (15) and Bailey (15) took them to 31 before they were out in quick succession.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
Two more wickets fell as Steeple stumped to 37-5, and Comberton sensed an early win.
But Duncan Warner (11) and Osborne (6) did enough to secure victory and 20 points.