Jamie is tops with carp haul
THE fourth and final match in the Evening League was fished at Thriplow Reservoir, with Jamie McGuire winning with a five-carp catch which weighed in at 16lbs 13oz. Steve McGuire was second with one carp weighing 2lbs 13oz, and Ryan Jarvis finished third
THE fourth and final match in the Evening League was fished at Thriplow Reservoir, with Jamie McGuire winning with a five-carp catch which weighed in at 16lbs 13oz.
Steve McGuire was second with one carp weighing 2lbs 13oz, and Ryan Jarvis finished third with 2lbs 11oz of silver fish.
The overall winner of the Evening League was junior bailiff Ryan Jarvis with 21 points. Steve Mcguire finished runner-up with 20 points, with Dianne Fuller third on 16 points.
The highest aggregate weight went to Steve McGuire with 42lbs.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Ryan Jarvis with 35lbs 11oz, and third Dianne Fuller with 23lbs 15oz.
A joint club match with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC was held at Clavering.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Andy Day of Rugby Cement AC was first with 125lbs 14oz, with Andrea Wright of Royston AC and Rugby Cement second with 85lbs 12oz.
Shaun Rivers of Rugby Cement AC was third with 50lbs 8oz.
- The combined ladies charity match will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday.
The draw will take place at 2pm, with fishing from 3-7pm.
There is an entry donation of £5, which will go towards the Bassingbourn Parish Church Repair Fund.
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.