Jamie is tops with carp haul
THE fourth and final match in the Evening League was fished at Thriplow Reservoir, with Jamie McGuire winning with a five-carp catch which weighed in at 16lbs 13oz. Steve McGuire was second with one carp weighing 2lbs 13oz, and Ryan Jarvis finished third
THE fourth and final match in the Evening League was fished at Thriplow Reservoir, with Jamie McGuire winning with a five-carp catch which weighed in at 16lbs 13oz.
Steve McGuire was second with one carp weighing 2lbs 13oz, and Ryan Jarvis finished third with 2lbs 11oz of silver fish.
The overall winner of the Evening League was junior bailiff Ryan Jarvis with 21 points. Steve Mcguire finished runner-up with 20 points, with Dianne Fuller third on 16 points.
The highest aggregate weight went to Steve McGuire with 42lbs.
Second was Ryan Jarvis with 35lbs 11oz, and third Dianne Fuller with 23lbs 15oz.
A joint club match with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC was held at Clavering.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Andy Day of Rugby Cement AC was first with 125lbs 14oz, with Andrea Wright of Royston AC and Rugby Cement second with 85lbs 12oz.
Shaun Rivers of Rugby Cement AC was third with 50lbs 8oz.
- The combined ladies charity match will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday.
The draw will take place at 2pm, with fishing from 3-7pm.
There is an entry donation of £5, which will go towards the Bassingbourn Parish Church Repair Fund.
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.